Daylight for the 1st time in years

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Daylight for the 1st time in years

Post by ampwhu »

This is a friends car that hasn't seen daylight for the 1st time since 1996 I believe.

It's currently with a well known MM restorer, having some work done to get it back on the road. Its all there and complete. It will be back on the road shortly...…..
Attachments
S11 MM1.jpg
S11 MM1.jpg (28.47 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
S11 MM.JPG
S11 MM.JPG (69.04 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Last edited by ampwhu on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Re: Daylight for the 1st time in years

Post by ampwhu »

I believe my mate is going for full disc brakes, modern gas strut suspension and a retrim on the interior. It has a 1275 engine already in it.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Looks good :)
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

it is. No bodywork is required. It was rebuilt in the mid 90's and painted that pillar box red. (he likes it!). All the welding was done then. It was driven around for a bit and then laid up in the barn when someone reversed into the grill/bumper. Don't worry though, there are a few spare grills that can be used.

if i remember correctly, this one and another were bought 30 years ago from a barn in somerset. Both were put on the road and this one survives. The fate of the other 4 door was an accident where it ended up on its roof and was written off. Shame, but the driver lived to tell the tale!