Traveller stolen - Knowle, Bristol, 14th July 07

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
esther
MMOC Member: No

Traveller stolen - Knowle, Bristol, 14th July 07

Post by esther »

Maroon Traveller NWV513G
Chassis M/AW5/1244629M
Engine 10MA-U-H362756
Red interior

[servo assisted brakes, alternator, inertia reel seatbelts front & rear, series 3 driver's seat]

My lovely Morris - gone :(
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by busguy »

Really sorry to hear of your loss. Are the police really showing interest in solving the crime?

Bristol keeps coming up as the area where Moggies are stolen, probably to order. Various ones have been listed on here and there must be others.

Has anyone ever got one back that went missing in Bristol, even if incomplete?

If not, someone needs to nail the culprit or others will permanently lose theirs.
esther

Post by esther »

To the police, it seems to be just an administrative matter.

"here's your crime refernece number. Would you like someone from Victim Support to ring you up and patronize you?"
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Keep on to the police every day for as long as you can. Even write a letter to the Chief Constable explaining that yours is one of many losses in the area. Ask what's being done to solve the problem once and for all.

See if the local paper will do anything on Moggies going missing there. Even a letter/photo to the paper pleading for anyone who sees lots of different Minors around a certain area, or better still, street to contact the police if it looks the slightest bit suspicious. Make as much noise as possible. If you have any contacts on local radio, TV or other press try and get exposure while the crime is 'hot'.

These are all long shots but just maybe one will work for you. You must be optimistic.
youngun
Minor Addict

Post by youngun »

The best thing to do with the Police, is get your story in the media......it soon makes them wake up and end their Health and safety and PC meetings and actually get out there and solve the crime, before they get another ripping from the tabloids!

I really hope your trav turns up esther, i was broken into once....i only had my mobile phone and some sundrys taken, but the feeling that came with it was awful.
Ultimate rust cure for your moggy....paint it brown, at least that way you dont notice the rust as much!!
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

yup - Bristol and Bath area do seem to be the favourite places -it surely can't be coincidence and therefore could well be the same people every time. :(
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
esther

Post by esther »

Thanks for these supportive thoughts.

My impresion is that the local constabulary are not really interested in catching criminals unless doing so involves thrilling chases in helicopters and / or high-powered cars.

However, it would be interesting to know how many Morrises have been stolen in Avon / Somerset recently, and what has actually been done about it. I feel a Freedom of Information request coming on.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Could just be the sheer number of Mogs in the area (espacially Bath) and the easiness of breaking into them. Very sorry to hear about it though. What was the reg plate, at least in part? I'll keep my eyes open
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

NWV 513 G
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Ta - blind AND thick, me...
sefton

Post by sefton »

My traveller stolen too from Bedminster - just down the road! On 9th July!!! :cry: Maybe we should put pressure on police together!
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

sefton, did you spot the other post for the car stolen the same day from Clifton? I think Avon & Somerset Constabulary need to pull the proverbial finger out!!!
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

sefton wrote:My traveller stolen too from Bedminster - just down the road! On 9th July!!! :cry: Maybe we should put pressure on police together!
Sounds like a good idea - and something the papers might pick up on as well
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Definitely get together and go to the press. This spate of thefts is newsworthy and with luck will get real exposure.

It could also put the wind up the thieving morons and you might find your cars too hot to for them to hold on to. Sooner the better, as time is important in getting them back in one piece.
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Esther, Sefton, have you heard any more from the Avon police?

Did you contact the media and if so were they interested in the missing minors?
esther

Post by esther »

Nothing from the police. No interest from the media. Seems like it's a victimless crime.....
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

So these scumbags are just allowed to do as they like.

'Great' Britain at its worst. Drop a bit of paper or put the wrong thing in a litter or wheelybin and you're hounded and damn near locked up but proper crime solving is relegated to a 'victimless occurence'. Makes you sick.
esther

Post by esther »

And to rub salt into my wounds, I just got a revised council tax bill which, I noted with displeasure, contained a 6.8% increase in the amount that I have to pay for policing.

For what?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Esther did you try the other approach with the local paper, asking why they dont have any interest in the classic car movement especially from a club with 14,500 + members who are deeply concerned at the increasing thefts in classic cars in the local area especially as the local police force dont seem to be concerned at this increasing problem.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
busguy
Minor Addict

Stolen Minors - Hotline http://www.twoc.co.uk

Post by busguy »

Esther/Sefton,

Neither of your cars are showing on the stolen vehicle hotline http://www.twoc.co.uk/ .

Might be a good idea to record them there as should anyone else who is affected this way. They may highlight the Bristol stolen Morris trend.