Stolen!!!!!

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Donovan
MMOC Member: No

Stolen!!!!!

Post by Donovan »

My two door Morris Minor Saloon was stolen in Leamington Spa on the night of Thursday, 12 September. It is a 1969 version and "smoke Grey" (but looks more pale blue) and has been in my family since new so obviously gutted.

The licence plate number is UVO550G. It has retractable seat belts in the front and rear, several added indicator dials as well. Boot has a lot of bread flour in it as well.

Probably will never be seen again. However, here's hoping..................
Orkney
Minor Legend

Post by Orkney »

Sorry to hear it :-( send a private message to - rayofleamington - one of the Mods here in case he doesnt see your thread - never know he's on the doorstep and might hear of something.
Heres hoping you get it back unscathed :roll:
http://mog.myfreeforum.org
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Should have had a secret fuel pump switch on it! But that's too bad - almost certainly just taken for a ride - but need to hope they don't torch it when they get fed up.
ImageImage
iandromiskin
Minor Fan

Post by iandromiskin »

Should have had a secret fuel pump switch on it!
What is that ? I have an imobiliser switch under the dash. Thats the same thing isn't it ? Handy all right, but if they want to steal a car like this I'am sure they know all the tricks.
Gertie, 1962 Saloon, Milly, 1969 Traveller (ex APL 971H) and now KAS 1958 4 Door Saloon.
[img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/iandromiskin/DSC_0051-1.jpg[/img][img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/iandromiskin/Picture112.jpg[/img][img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/iandromiskin/Picture366.jpg[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnDuQIOtYcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuhsoEd1GhQ
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Good thing about the pump switch is - the car starts and runs - and dies 50 yds down the street. The car is now obvious and 'out of place' - thief is going to run away. Saved my car some 40 years ago!!
ImageImage
WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by WPR678B »

bmcecosse wrote:Good thing about the pump switch is - the car starts and runs - and dies 50 yds down the street. The car is now obvious and 'out of place' - thief is going to run away. Saved my car some 40 years ago!!
Totally agree! This also saved a friends Minor because as BMC says, they think they are off in it and it suddenly dies when they are out in the open! Just a case of a short walk to retrive it from wherever it has stopped then! :wink: :D :lol:

overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

Yep! I agree i can say that now as I have just fit one to each of my mogsters. Hope yours turns up Donovan.
HAVE IT! LOVE IT! DRIVE IT!
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

My Blue saloon was stolen in its early years and run into a wall. Sadly, the poor passenger that was with the car thief didn’t have a seat belt on and hit has head on the lovely solid steel dash. He left me a nice little dent in the heater outlet on the dash. Apparently, they were blood everywhere. POOR LAD ORRR!!! :evil:
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

so sorry to hear about your car, donovan :( best of luck recovering it :-?
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

hope u get it back
at least its insured, i know thats not the point :D :D
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Overider - you shoul put one that E type too!!
ImageImage
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

bmcecosse wrote:Overider - you shoul put one that E type too!!
It had one already fitted and it has a tracker. :lol:
No risk taken with that. It’s also in a garage with two independent alarms.
:wink:
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I bet it is!! I would keep it in my living room!
ImageImage
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

I would if the wife would let me.:wink: But the kids would climb all over it.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I think my dear wife would have something to say too.
ImageImage
Furrtiv
Minor Fan

Post by Furrtiv »

Hope you get it back Donovan. :(
Re-employed!:D
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Well, surprisingly, the car was found in Skegness and having been reported as being driven dangerously. It was picked up from a parked position and the garage in Boston (where it is now located) say there is no obvious external damage so maybe things are not too bad. The thief hasn't been found.

Re the technical tips, the car had one fitted about 25 years ago and when in regular use by me it was used. My son had it on this occasion. I always assumed that no one would really want to steal a Morris Minor, least of all a joy rider.

Unfortunately, this is the second incident in which the car has been involved - 13 months ago it was turned on its side whilst parked in Malvern - which all goes to show that the supposed "safe", low crime rate shires are worse than supposed high crime rate cities like Birmingham.

Thank for everybodies' concern.
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

Donovan that's wonderful news! :D I'm so so glad they found it. Fingers crossed here that it is undamaged. Phew!! :D

bmcecosse wrote:I think my dear wife would have something to say too.
You guys really have the wrong sort of wives :lol: *starts clearing a space for the van* 8)
Chadbrook
Minor Friendly

Post by Chadbrook »

Donovan wrote: Unfortunately, this is the second incident in which the car has been involved - 13 months ago it was turned on its side whilst parked in Malvern - which all goes to show that the supposed "safe", low crime rate shires are worse than supposed high crime rate cities like Birmingham.
As a Birmingham Minor ownor I would like to object to that comment.... but I cant <laffin> the only thing I can say is in the city there are far more euroboxes with drain pipe exausts that the local yobs find far more attractive :D

well done for getting your minor back :D

pete
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/356495204_700a08b020_m.jpg[/img]
MoggyTech
Minor Legend

Post by MoggyTech »

Great to hear you got the car back in one piece, thank God they didn't torch it, which is what tends to happen around here. Even if they found the thief(s) it would be a slap on the wrist. IMO considering a car is likely to be the second most expensive item a person will buy, the penalties should be much tougher. 5 Years prison and a lifetime driving ban, if it was up to me.