my baby is gone :(...and now found!!! yippeeee

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
moggiemadman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by moggiemadman »

amy pm sent
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

looks like i'll be giving mine up unfortunatly...but not befor sripping it of all the bits i want to keep!!! (i.e carpet, steering wheel, back seats, spare wheel...etc.) does that make me a bad person? haha.

also...found a lovely little black mog that im going and colecting next weekend. its not very far away so i dont have to go far to get it. its 4dr not 2dr, but im sure i can cope with that, im sure my friends will prefer it to clambering over the other seats all the time :)

again, thanks to everyone for being so very nice whalst i was upset about my car, but it really doesnt feel the same as it did, and i think a change is for the best!!

cheers, amy xXx

also...will i have any trouble fitting a carpet for a 2dr into a 4dr moggie? cause that was my plan?
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Do - get a secret fuel pump switch on it right away!
Note that taking anything from your old car (bar personal effects) will be seen as theft.
ImageImage
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

nah...not if i swap them with bits from the new one.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Did you have to send in photos of your old car to the insurance company when you took out insurance? If so they may notice the difference. Just be v. careful.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

so you're givin up trying to buy it cheaply at auction?

amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

not given up...still want to keep him, but i think its going to cost too much to have everything repaired on him unfortunatly:(

found this one on e-bay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=006

does it look any nice? i quite like it but im silly and like anything that even resembles a moggie!!

amy xXx
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

looks good go have a look not that far away take a moggi person with you , also ask if has abuy now price, it may make alot of money. ceranly got usefull conversions, ask dont show over enthusiasm it will cost you more . grandad
alzax3
Minor Fan

Post by alzax3 »

The 'reserve not met' bit is the danger, he may be hoping for lots more than it's sat at now......so talking to him first would be favourite before thinking about going to see it - you only really want to do that if there is a realistic chance of driving it home with you!
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Looks nice but probably only worth about £1000 - £1200 in todays climate. Do a deal on the phone first then go see with cash in hand.... :-)
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

only worth about £1000 - £1200 in todays climate
Wouldnt be too sure about that I have noticed that many Moggies have been making better money down south this year than for some time especially Travellers.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

I agree regarding Travellers - some are making excellent money (for the seller) :-)
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Marina wheels - ugggh. However - that does mean you could easily upgrade to MGF wheels - nice!
ImageImage
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

well i messeged him on ebay explaining my situation, and that i can be in southampton on saterday...he said his resurve is less that £1500...maby i did seem a bit too eager though.

he had people looking at it today and tomorrow and that he'd let me know.

i just really want a moggie again, i miss playing with mine...its sat outside sulking at the moment.

amy xXx
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

dont sulk oftens by waiting areal bargain comes along, grandad
WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by WPR678B »

amy wrote:
found this one on e-bay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=006

does it look any nice? i quite like it but im silly and like anything that even resembles a moggie!!

amy xXx
Call me cautious, but it says its a 1963 but has the wrong dashboard and all the later features that were not introduced until 1964. I personally don't think that the ID on this car can be trusted, especially as the pedal box is now where the chassis number would have been stamped! :roll:
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

It is what it is - looks ok for the money. As long as there is a wee pile of old MOTs/Tax Discs etc it should be fine.
ImageImage
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Surely near enough for you Amy - must be worth a punt.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRIS-MINOR-1000 ... 286.c0.m14

Ghastly dash and horrible seats - but you could sort that out if the rest is ok!
ImageImage
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

i had looked at the one...but im now unsure if im even going to get another minor!

as much as i want one and would love to have something i could look after...my mum pointed out that i am only a student, i know nothing about cars and at the moment im un-employed...whitch all points towards getting something rubbish like a clio or corsa or something, and also mum could do with downgrading her car as she drives an estate and doesnt need to so we could share a car, thus furthering the reduction of our carbon footprint.

i'll save the better part of the money and work for the next couple of years until i can afford to get a pretty little moggie and be able to give it all the love and attention it deserves!

i shall still remain an active member on here though and keep my eyes open for anything thats down my way.

amy xXx
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

decisions decisions

Post by grumpygrandad »

amy wrote:i had looked at the one...but im now unsure if im even going to get another minor!

as much as i want one and would love to have something i could look after...my mum pointed out that i am only a student, i know nothing about cars and at the moment im un-employed...whitch all points towards getting something rubbish like a clio or corsa or something, and also mum could do with downgrading her car as she drives an estate and doesnt need to so we could share a car, thus furthering the reduction of our carbon footprint.

i'll save the better part of the money and work for the next couple of years until i can afford to get a pretty little moggie and be able to give it all the love and attention it deserves!

i shall still remain an active member on here though and keep my eyes open for anything thats down my way.

amy xXx
just like awoman but what you say makes sence, one of my daughters has ka had for 6 years and its not been any bother at all other than normal thinks exhaust, tyres .grandad,