my baby is gone :(...and now found!!! yippeeee

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mrbenn
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by mrbenn »

bigginger wrote:I'm a sentimental fool (and a very poor one) - I'd be handing the money back and keeping the car...
Ditto! Very glad you've found it, hope you manage to keep hold of it 8)
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

Best of luck then - whichever way it works out.
ImageImage
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

i had a truck stolen some years ago it was found and returned with some damage we had it repaired but it never seemed right after that i kept it for a while but then sold it .my advice . get some thing alse.
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

okay...as much as i want my car back...im also a useless teenager and have already started spending the insurence money i got for the car (i havent spent a lot, under a hundred, but i cant borrow any more of my mum as i already owe her money!), so thats my first option gone out the window...my car is going to be auctioned in westbury, which is ages out of cornwall, and i have to pay £40 to join the auctioning site to be able to buy it back. i dont expect it'll go for over a couple of hundred and the work it needs doing to it will be under £500. so i may try and do that.

i was just wandering if anyone on the site is a registered buyer with Copart already? cause thats who it will be auctioned with and it would be easyer doing it through someone else than having to get up to westbury with my passport and driving licence and household bills and stuff to register befor being able to bid for my car.

let me know your thoughts.

cheers, amy xXx
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

o why did we have daughters i have 3,grandad
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

girls are the best kind!!!! boys are smelly haha.

xXx
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

only when we are mending the girls cars, grandad
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Don't knock the boys Amy, they do come in handy when you've got a puncture and you're wearing decent clothes and it's raining! That aside I agree with grumpygrandad. Will you ever feel the same about the car as you did before it was taken by a stranger and trashed? I think I'd want to start again.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

let her go

Post by grumpygrandad »

regaliaqueen wrote:Don't knock the boys Amy, they do come in handy when you've got a puncture and you're wearing decent clothes and it's raining! That aside I agree with grumpygrandad. Will you ever feel the same about the car as you did before it was taken by a stranger and trashed? I think I'd want to start again.
yes you have had your personel space invaded time to move on i think.grandad
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

bigginger wrote:I'm a sentimental fool (and a very poor one) - I'd be...keeping the car...
:D
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

iv been thinking...and actually, as much as i love my little sneeze (thats what i named my car :)) he didnt feel the same when i drove him home...even looking at him doesnt give me that same butterfly feeling in my tummy any more. so maby you guys are rite?

iv been offered a very pretty little black 4 door for £950 thats only like a 5 hour driveback to penzance...i say 5 hours as if its not very far, but thats against the 10 or more hours i would have to go to get any of the others i like...its been mot'd resently and looks in good condition exept the inside needs a bit of attention, but thats easily seen to as mothers a seamstress!!

might go and have a look and maby buy it next weekend, but iv gong to get the insurance company to pick my car up after iv got back so i can do a few sneky little swap overs haha.

amy xXx
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

It will be interesting to know what it sells for - they have already lifted it from the hotel car park and taken it to the auction site (maybe not directly) - so that will have cost something - and then storage and auction costs.... It would have been SO much more sensible if they could just have let you take it away for £200 and drive it home ! In fact - I would have driven it home on discovery - and then argued with them from a position of possession!
ImageImage
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

i did drive it home? what does position of possession mean?

xXx
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well - if you have the thing in your possession - it's position of some strength to argue from! You mean they are collecting it from you - and taking it away to an auction, where they know you want to buy it back ? They must be MAD!!
ImageImage
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

yeeea does seem a little stupid...but thats the way they do it and they said they cant change that.

i think im going to have a look at the black one next weekend and go from there!!!

xXx
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Charge them storage for the car meantime ! It's a mad world.
ImageImage
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

i would do but i kind of want to keep it at home until i bring another one home or chose to argue for it? so the longer i keep it at home, the better for meeeee...plus i want to shine him up and get some pretty pictures of the non-crunched side befor i loose him again.

we'll seeeeeee...

xXx
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

If you polish up your original car the insurance company may be able to charge more for it! (it'll look more attractive to prospective buyers) this may be against your own interests.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
amy
Minor Friendly

Post by amy »

i'll dirty it up again once iv finnished :)

i have a whole garden full of mud, and theres one place on my road where if you park, within a matter of hours your car will be completely caked with bird poop.

iv planned it all out haha.

xXx
moggiemadman
Minor Fan

Post by moggiemadman »

Why dont one of us find out where the car is going ? then buy it? and then you buy it off one of us for the sale price :D

Cheers
John