shop a scrapman

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
john@theforge
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

shop a scrapman

Post by john@theforge »

We had been plagued with scrapmen for many years. Both the legit and the potential thief.

After joining the local police watch scheme I started collect the reg of all the vehicles that came in and handed them over to the cops. They then use this information to pull the vehicle and check waste licences, tax, insurance etc.

The result being that the thefts have dropped and the so called scrapmen have stopped bothering me.

So if you find someone sniffing round your mog get their reg and get it to your local police.

J
1970 austin pick up. Barned since '84. Back on the road 31/01/2011....
rossrox
Minor Fan

Re: shop a scrapman

Post by rossrox »

we have just had the gypsies (travellers) around here and when they were leaving theyre tranny pick ups were full of scrap metal, thank god none of my cars parts were outside!!!
...............................................ЯR................................................

patricklambert
Minor Fan

Post by patricklambert »

iv always got them knocking on my door having my car in bits outside the house and various other bits of so called scrap im usually friendly as telling them to bog off may end up in damaged cars..... i also write down reg numbers incase i get broken into again!
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

OFTENS ITS NOT THE ONE THATS AT YOUR DOOR THAT ROBS YOU ITS THE ONE HE TELLS LATER LET THEM HAVE NOTHING TELL THEM NOTHING. OTHER THAN NO..GG