264 VCV - 2 door smoke grey

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Tim Parker
MMOC Member: No

264 VCV - 2 door smoke grey

Post by Tim Parker »

Dear MMOC members,

I am new to this forum but have enjoyed driving my wife's Morris for the last 8 years. The car was stolen sometime between 16th and 26th Sept from Cleveland Terrace in Paddington, London. This car was a 1964 low mileage car (first 25 years spent pottering round Cornish lanes) and was given to my wife for her seventeenth birthday. It is a smoke grey two door saloon in decent condition having just had structural and cosmetic attention at Charles Ware. My wife is still in a state of shock that poor old Tilly has disappeared.

We were away over the weekend of 17th Sept and I did not need to drive the car until this weekend only to find that she was not where we left her. I have checked with the parking authorities and TRACE, but no record.

Please "keep 'em pealed"
Many thanks

Tim
LouiseM

Re: 264 VCV

Post by LouiseM »

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear about the theft. Is the car standard or is there anything distinctive about it that people might notice if the number plates were changed? It might also be worth posting a photo here if you have one (details of how to post a photo are here: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31197)

I've amended your post title to show that it's a 2 door smoke grey car and hopefully everyone on here will be keeping a look out for it. Best of luck in getting 'Tilly' back.

Regards,

Louise

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Tim Parker

Re: 264 VCV - 2 door smoke grey

Post by Tim Parker »

Dear Louise

Many thanks for your support. I have tried to think of a distinguishing feature; the only thing I can think of is a large splash of smoke grey paint in the boot after a spare tin of body paint leaked! We are on the border of the congestion zone and the TfL cameras point down the street where the car was parked, so hopefully when the police get up to speed... some inquiried will be made. Slim hopes I suspect, though.

Regards
Tim
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

Really sorry to hear about your Minor. I've posted your message on the Stolen Classics website, hope that's ok. It's at http://www.medwaymonkeys.co.uk/sc/board ... um.php?f=5

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Again - a great pity the oft suggested secret switch wasn't fitted. I do hope you get it back ok.
ImageImage
kjm
Minor Addict

Post by kjm »

Very sorry to hear of the theft of your Minor :(

Tim Parker

Post by Tim Parker »

Thanks for your support. The Met are on the case and seemed to be quite optimistic about being able to trace the car. Will scan a photo in shortly, but in the meantime chassis no is M/A2S5/D1057564.

Tim
Tim Parker

Re: 264 VCV - 2 door smoke grey FOUND!

Post by Tim Parker »

Just got home to a voicemail from the Met police and she has been found! Abandoned in a private car park a few miles from here. Now just a matter of extricating the car from a dubious sounding clamping company who want to charge £415 to release. Cockroaches. No idea as to condition yet, but will definitely fitting one some sort of de-mobiliser once she's back. Hopefully the profile on this site has deterred prospective purchasers over the last month. Many thanks.
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

that is great news!
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

Excellent news! Let us know how it is and if you managed to get the clampers to release it!

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hi Tim as its a stolen vehicle can't the police ask them to release it or it means they are handling stolen goods does it not.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Tim Parker

Post by Tim Parker »

Good point. Involved the police anyway once the clamper crook started demanding money. The Officer in Charge was very helpful today. The car was finally extricated from the clampers by the Met truck with uniformed support! Off with forensics now and hopefully available to be brought home soon. Timing coudln't be better; baby no.1 due next week so back to learning how to fit a baby seat!