Maroon Traveller Stolen in Yeovil

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
washer-bottle
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Maroon Traveller Stolen in Yeovil

Post by washer-bottle »

This is an mail received from Clare - please contact the police if you spot anything by calling Les Paine on 0845 456 7000.
I am emailing on behalf of my father, Stephen Bayliss, MMOC Member.

Last Friday 4 Feb his treasured maroon Morris Minor traveller (1970) was stolen from Peter Street car park in Yeovil town centre at approx 9.30am in the morning. The registration number is JFK 531H. Here is a link to the Avon & Somerset police website which includes photos.
http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/Lo ... &t=1&lid=4

We're desperate to find it as it belonged to my Nanny for a long time before being pasted to my father, and my husband and I used it as our wedding car - needless to say we're all desperately anxious to spread the word.

Please do whatever you can to spread the word to your regional members and all your contacts.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards

Clare Franklin
pyebibby
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Maroon Traveller Stolen in Yeovil

Post by pyebibby »

I am in the yeovil are and will keep my eyes open! i wish you well and good luck!

18 year old Morris Driver
egsj
Minor Friendly

Post by egsj »

My heart goes out to you and your family, Calre. I really hope you get the car back soon. I'm worried that there might be a resurgence of organized Morris thefts in the South West. I've heard that the Charles Ware centre in Bristol has lost three cars in recent times - and then there's the Traveller that was stolen in Redland, Bristol at the end of last year. I'm really worried. I can't afford a garage, even to rent. Two nights ago someone smashed the passenger window of my beloved Traveller (and stole nothing). I have taken various anti-theft measures (including the visible Disklok deterrent) but I can't shake off the fear that professional theieves are circling the car (like crimials casing a joint) and just won't give up. My car cover was ripped to shreds last week; that could have been the wind, I know, but I'm now paranoid. I wish the police could be persuaded to pursue vigorously the possibility that there may be an oraginized criminal activity going on here.

All best wishes,
Jamesy
neilchadburn
Minor Fan

Post by neilchadburn »

I'll keep my eye out in the North Devon area...hope you get re united soon :D

mbo145
Minor Fan

Post by mbo145 »

I will keep watch around Dorchester and Weymouth, I hope you find her! :cry:
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!