Morris Minor Convertible 1965 Dorset JYY 101C - LH drive

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
tinagolden
MMOC Member: No

Morris Minor Convertible 1965 Dorset JYY 101C - LH drive

Post by tinagolden »

My Morris Minor Convertible left hand drive was stolen on Thursday 25th August at night from the Crewkerne Station car park.
It is pale blue with a dark blue hood and is in very good condition. I have owned it for 40 years and would dearly love it back in one piece. No one could drive it around as it is unique in the UK so someone either has it in a barn, has taken it abroad or didn't think about it. Registration number JYY 101C although the car was actually made in 1961 as a Swiss export model. If anyone sees it or hears about it please get in touch with me or the police. Tina Golden...01308 421 325 email address tina (at) operacircus.co.uk I live in Bridport Dorset. Thank you.[frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by tinagolden on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LouiseM

Re: Stolen Morris Minor Convertible 1965 - Left hand drive

Post by LouiseM »

Hi Tina,

Sorry to hear about the theft - this is the second Minor to be posted here as stolen from Crewkerne recently :( As you say, a left hand drive convertible will be very distinctive so I'm sure everyone here will be keeping an eye out for it.

Best of luck,

Louise

(ps: I've edited your e-mail address slightly to prevent you getting spam messages & also the thread title to include the reg number and the fact that it's a left hand drive. Might make people remember it more!)

Eric - 1971 Traveller
morrisminorbzh
Minor Fan

Re: Morris Minor Convertible 1965 Dorset JYY 101C - LH drive

Post by morrisminorbzh »

I to am sorry to hear of this theft - It would be useful to have a photo or two as it may be put up for sale here on the continent - not difficult to hide a small car on the back of a huge truck !!! Will look on internet over here. If you google "morris minor à vendre" in French you will be amazed how many turn-up. After Travellers, convertibles are much sought after in France. If the reg n° is visible on any ad over here I can check via the DVLA site - all Minors still with their British reg I've seen for sale over here (France) have been legally exported.

Good luck,
Michael
tinagolden

Post by tinagolden »

Thank you Louise and Michael. I will certainly get on to the French sites. Also the Western Gazette is doing an article about this as someone's classic Mini has just also been stolen and others have said this is certainly something that is happening more and more in the area. Have also notified the ports, other newspapers, local police stations, taxi companies, Morris Minor sales and spares companies etc, Everyone is being so helpful. I hope we get it back too but if not hopefully this will warn people that this is happening regularly and isn't just a drunk having missed the last train. Good wishes and I will post any news Tina. I think the photo of the car is too large to be loaded it's 2.2MB...and doesn't seem to want to attach itself.
tinagolden

Post by tinagolden »

Here's a photograph as you suggested and hope it helps. The speed at which the British Transport Police are moving the car could be in South America by now....Tina[frame]Image[/frame]