MAD282F Traflagar blue 2 door saloon

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dp
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: MAD282F Traflagar blue 2 door saloon

Post by dp »

Nope, nothing at all.

I'm wondering whether to remove all record of the car from the various forums as, if it's on its way abroad to order (as the police think) or being ringed, the new 'owner' can try to figure what service and repair items they need without any help from me.

Or is that just silly?

There was a possible sighting via Rods n Sods (thanks Martin) which I passed on to the police contact via e-mail but received no acknowledgement.

I'm torn between kicking up a stink and being branded a troublemaker by the police or just not bothering with the philosophy of 'they have too many axe murderers to chase and are overworked, under-resourced etc...'

I think realistically they are fairly certain it won't turn up so reason there's no point wasting time.
TFM150K
Minor Fan

Post by TFM150K »

It must be an absolute b*****d to have your pride and joy nicked and I can sympathise with your frustration at getting no response to your e-mail to Mr Plod - but please don't be tempted to "kick up a fuss". Plod is like anybody else - he doesn't react well to aggro. What I have learnt from my own experience having been burgled twice in two years (by the same tealeaf) is that Plod is happiest when he nails the b*****ds and it is better that he spends his time looking for them than dealing with a dis-satisfied complainant!
What we need is a team of contacts out in the places where they ship these things out to - the middle east seems to be mentioned more often than anywhere else.
I still have my fingers crossed for you and the other recent sufferers and just hope your insurers are sympathetic.
:roll:

oh, and keep it on the forums - you never know, you might be lucky yet. If it aint there, no-one new can read it......
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

I have an idea for a new Minor project that nobody's ever done before but with a baby daughter, time is very limited & projects take up so much time.

I also wrestle with the idea of building something else and having it nicked again. I could just buy a quirky modern and if it was nicked, replace with the same thing. I like to not have to treat my cars with kid gloves; to park wherever and use like normal rather than some artwork to be coddled. It would be hard to live with the paranoia if I could build a new project.

Anyhow I'm trying not to be whiny when so many in the world are in much worse positions.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I really feel for you, and you 'seem' to be handling the loss well - better than I would, that's for sure. I still find it hard to believe that anyone would go to all the trouble of stealing and shipping such a unique car. :cry:
ImageImage
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

Perhaps whoever stole it thought it was a standard Minor, then later realised it was a bit special. In such a state of confusion (a heavily modified car being hard to 'ring' or sell on), they may have broken it for the parts...
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

Chipper wrote:Perhaps whoever stole it thought it was a standard Minor, then later realised it was a bit special. In such a state of confusion (a heavily modified car being hard to 'ring' or sell on), they may have broken it for the parts...
In a way I hope so as many of the parts are so unique and I have many auto searches set in case anything turns up for sale. Eg doors wouldn't fit anything without altering, chrome parts are painted Trafalgar blue, even front wings would give someone a headache dimensionally if they could be unbonded (fibreglass) in one piece.

But the above is based on a future civil prosecution. If I don't pursue an insurance claim (Ie don't take money from the insurance company), I retain ownership and the ability to take a civil action down the line. I don't know what the statute of limitations is but [url]this:

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/ ... ss-vehicle[/url]

is an interesting read.

Depends what the insurance company offers I suppose.

But the people who know about these things mutter that it's probably already left the country via Tilbury, the nearest container port. Amazing, I can't even get a tweezers out of Stansted but there's a massive industry exporting large stolen stuff from Tilbury (& other docks too) that somehow can't be stopped as the checks would slow down the port and hurt the national economy.