Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mollythemoggie
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Radiator dimensions

Post by mollythemoggie »

Hi All,
just wondering what the dimensions of the stock morris minor radiator were and number of cores etc. I'm mainly looking for the width height and depth?

I need a smaller alternative to handle a 1.2ltr engine on pretty hot days but with room to the side for a compresser for air con!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Radiator dimensions

Post by bmcecosse »

The Mini radiator is smaller - and worked ok with the A series in a Mini - but it did have a powerful fan pushing the air through it. Usually the air con condenser (surely not compressor??) would be fitted in front of the normal engine 'radiator' - which of course doesn't actually 'radiate' any worthwhile amount of heat....... :roll:
ImageImage
mollythemoggie
Minor Fan

Post by mollythemoggie »

Thanks for the reply!

sorry I meant condenser! always get the names mixed up!

yep basically I'm trying to find out with width depth and height of a standard morris minor radiator so i can then find a suitable exchange.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Some Jap export Minis had air con fitted - so if it can be done in a Mini - there is twice as much room in a Minor !!
ImageImage
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

If you are considering the "normal" aircon principle of stacked radiators, then the depth could be the more critical dimension. My Mog runs an aluminium Metro radiator,which is 22" wide x 11" high x 1 1/4" deep. This is ample(still runs cool!) and takes a Metro electric fan mounted on the rear, offset to the left,which is rarely heard even in traffic jams in summer. This time of year I have half of it blocked off! Mind you,it may just be a tad warmer where you are :lol:
mollythemoggie
Minor Fan

Post by mollythemoggie »

Thanks everyone for the replies!
haha I'd still love to know how long, tall and especially how deep a standard moggie radiator is though..
I was thinking if I did a stacked setup I could use a radiator like so:
http://www.nationwideautoparts.com.au/o ... 0RADIATORS

combined with a 16mm deep condenser and that may well fit.. but not too sure at this stage!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Just go with the space you have - rather than worry about standard Minor rad dimensions..
ImageImage
mollythemoggie
Minor Fan

Post by mollythemoggie »

will do! but im trying to work out if I can find a 16mm thick radiator that is a similar dimension to the moggie radiator in terms of width and height.. but want to know the depth so i can work out if i can put a 16mm radiator and 16mm condenser and still fit thermo fans between them and the slatted grille!