Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oldmogman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Marina brake pad part number?

Post by Oldmogman »

Does anybody know the part number for Marina 1.8 front brake pads to fit Girling calipers?

My local motor factor needs a car registration to locate the part - which I don't have 'cos the brakes are on my Morris!

So if you have a new set on your shelf, it would be great if you could let me have the part number and make (so they can cross reference if necessary).

Alternatively, if someone has a 1.8 Marina, perhaps I could 'borrow' the registration number to order some new brake pads? And then I'd post the part numbers here for everyone else.

Here's hoping you can help!
simmitc

Re: Marina brake pad part number?

Post by simmitc »

I have the set from a 1.3, and assuming that they are the same, then you will need:
Delphi LP23;
Ferodo FDB8910H;
Lockheed LP0023;
Trupart DP8810/TSS036;
APEC PAD535;
EBC DP2106.
One of those should find a reference! Also, if you take the old pads in, a decent shop will have a book (remember those things with paper in them?) with full size outlines of the pads, you can lay yours against the image of the new one to doubnle check. Good luck.
Oldmogman
Minor Fan

Post by Oldmogman »

Thanks Simmitc - you're a star!

(The lad in the parts shop hadn't even heard of a Marina - despite it's Top Gear notoriety!)

Probably pushing my luck, but you wouldn't know if those part numbers are for servo or non-servo (softer friction lining) cars, would you?

Thx
daveyl
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by daveyl »

There were quite a lot of vehicles from this era that also used these pads. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hillman-Aveng ... 308074?pt=