Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: Sticking carb needle

Post by bmcecosse »

I think the problem lies in the pump perhaps having a 'short stroke' which manages to suck up fuel ok in normal weather - but struggles in hot weather. The mechanical Mini pump is THE answer - if the block has the opening for it. Or mount the electric pump lower down. Always worth checking it's filter of course. Some fit 'heat shields' on the carb - but of course the problem is in the pump - not the carb......
ImageImage
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Sticking carb needle

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Thanks BMC and Panky, you solutions make sence but unfortunately pistons and float chambers, moving things around and changing how things work all sounds far to complicated and confusing to me, if I try I'll bulls it up even more. Looks like I might have to get my cheque book out if I want to get Woody to the National this year. One piece of advice I have received tonight is a blowing exhaust could direct hot air onto the carb area and over the last couple of weeks my exhaust note has finally started sounding like a Minor should (before it was quiet all the time, it now has the coasting rasp). I'm hoping this may be the fix. Will post again soon.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last