Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

I want to learn!!

Post by mad-4-moggywhite-1 »

Hello all

Does anyone know of any courses that would be useful to go on so as to get some basic knowledge of the mechanics of Morris Minors? Would just a general mechanics course serve me well? given that the workings of the Morris Minor are relatively simple. I know there won't be a dedicated course anymore. I have seen an online course but I really think it would have to be hands on for me to actually learn properly.
I live in South east Wales.
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: I want to learn!!

Post by philthehill »

You could try your local college for a practical vehicle maintenance course.
Phil

kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

The minor is so simple to work on just get a Good workshop manual,most jobs can be done following the instructions and. with help on here. Most jobs will be easy, provided you know the difference between a spanner and a screwdriver :D
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

If you are a club member you can go to the tech chap's workshops. Somewhere in the south I think. Or give him a call for advice. Think he does one most months.
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

kennatt wrote:The minor is so simple to work on just get a Good workshop manual,most jobs can be done following the instructions and. with help on here. Most jobs will be easy, provided you know the difference between a spanner and a screwdriver :D
Don't be ridiculous of course I don't know the difference between a spanner and a screwdriver I'm a girl! :roll:
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

no being serious now... :wink: Thank you for your advice I will certainly give the tech guy a call and I think I will enrol on a mechanics course as I am the sort that learns more via practical experience rather than reading things in a book maybe a mixture of both reading the manuals and a course would be the way to go. Thank you!
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Just spend your evenings with your head under the bonnet and a workshop manual in your hand identifying all the parts. Build yourself a set of spanners and sockets with strange sizes in A/F and Whitworth, no good going to Halfords as they only do Metric sizes, no use on a Minor
[sig]3580[/sig]
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

mad-4-moggywhite-1 wrote:
kennatt wrote:The minor is so simple to work on just get a Good workshop manual,most jobs can be done following the instructions and. with help on here. Most jobs will be easy, provided you know the difference between a spanner and a screwdriver :D
Don't be ridiculous of course I don't know the difference between a spanner and a screwdriver I'm a girl! :roll:
when I was in my teens in 1960,I didn't know the difference between bras and panties :o didn't take me long though :D :D :D good luck I'm sure you will enjoy learning and hope to hear from you on your progress.
mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Hi Mike

Now that is good advice, especially about the spanners as I probably would have headed straight for Halfords.
I will give that a go. Thanks

Kennatt..... I'm pleased you know the difference now. :)
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Takes us chaps a while to learn things but we get there in the end.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

SteveClem wrote:Takes us chaps a while to learn things but we get there in the end.
A while and costs us alot normally aswell.