Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MoggyBlue
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: 12g940 head on 1098 questions

Post by MoggyBlue »

dalebrignall wrote:i had this done in 2 stages i had the induction kit fitted 1st going through standard 1098 head it was too much for it the engine was restricted by the small valves .i then had the maniflow exhaust manifold and exhaust system and a reworked 1275 mg metro head fitted . the engine is a recon 1098 its on plus 20s . the results are very good . its not the power of a 1275 but it wont be far off.. i tend to cruise at 60 on the motorway but if you want to pass a lorry you can with confidance and there is a lot more power going up hills .its still on standard cam but the rockers have been upgraded to forged ones that give slightly more lift im happy with what i have now , but i will stress you need the bigger valves and exhaust system for it to work hope this helps
Sounds about right for what I want. I have the small valve head though which is what was recommended was the one to go for. I think I've read somewhere the small valve has a bit more pulling power and mid range power were as the big valve is all top end.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1968 Morris Minor - 2 door - Smoke Grey - De luxe - called Norma
-1970 Morris traveller - trafalgar blue - De luxe - called Ona
MoggyBlue
Minor Fan

Post by MoggyBlue »

Declan_Burns wrote:We had a discussion on this in fair detail back in 2013.
https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/vi ... 40#p245538

Regards
Declan
Thanks declan. Yes I read your thread a few times. Is a great read :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1968 Morris Minor - 2 door - Smoke Grey - De luxe - called Norma
-1970 Morris traveller - trafalgar blue - De luxe - called Ona
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

i can only go with what happened to me , with the new induction kit, standard head , 3 branch manifold into standard exhaust it was restricted and was not great to drive , with the rest of the maniflow exhaust , and the 1275 head it transformed the car . have a chat to martyn or rob at a series spares worth a phone call .
[sig]5641[/sig]