Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Help to brake bleeding

Post by Sandun »

Hi Myfriends

I did some restoring in my front wheels , after that no brake , I bleed it using small bottle and tube with some oil , but not ,

Today i remove master cylinder and rewasher it and fix , (because i see some oil around the master cylinder )but same reason no brake ,

When i paddle ,it come up , after some time go down , no oil leaking

Please tell me step by step how to bleeding brake

Regards .
Sandun

les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Help to brake bleeding

Post by les »

You need brake fluid
Glass jar
Rubber or plastic tube
Spannner to fit bleed nipples.
Fill master cylinder with fluid, keep it topped up during the bleeding process.
Start at the wheel furthest from master cylinder, fit tube over nipple, place other end in jar ( have some fluid in jar, and keep tube end immersed) With all other wheel cylinders closed, open the furthest cylinder and pump the foot pedal, do in a few times to get the fluid moving. Once you see fluid coming from the tube, on the next swift downward stroke of the foot pedal, hold it down and tighten the bleed nipple. Raise the foot pedal, then loosen the nipple again, then brake pedal hard down again and whilst still down lock the bleed nipple again. Repeat until no bubbles appear in the jar fluid. Then move to the next wheel cylinder, ( the second furthest from the master cylinder) repeat the process on all wheels, keeping an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder, don't let it drop too much or air will get in and spoil your work. You will need an assistant to operate the foot pedal, while you do the cylinder nipples. Don't think I've missed much, if I have someone will tell us! Good luck.

Just an additional thought, before you start, make sure your brake shoes are well adjusted, and just kissing the drums.

MichaelBeck
Minor Friendly

Post by MichaelBeck »

Hi

Here is an excellent guide I used to get me going.

viewtopic.php?t=8563

Couple of other things - Do your 1st bleed with the drums off to allow the pistons to extend and retract.
Ensure after this that your brakes are correctly adjusted up to the drum before further bleeding.

Mike
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

Couple of other things - Do your 1st bleed with the drums off to allow the pistons to extend and retract.
Ensure after this that your brakes are correctly adjusted up to the drum before further bleeding.
until there is fluid in the cylinder,the pistons will not move,once there is fluid in there with the drums off the piston may be pushed out of the cylinder even with the shoes on if you're not careful , thereby soaking them with fluid ,.leave the drums on sandun, You'll be ok take is slow and it will be fine eventually, sometimes takes a while but you'll get there in the end.