Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
niftyrodman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

unusual casting number on head

Post by niftyrodman »

Could somebody enlighten me as to what the head in question was designed for Casting number also with the word BRITMO is 2A3AF2AS3 I have a hunch that it has bigger combustion chambers than the 948 and the 998 It is presently on a 948 Minor.
Thanks.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: unusual casting number on head

Post by ManyMinors »

I believe that Britmo were an independent company sometimes used by BMC Australia to manufacture castings for them. Your head was probably a standard factory item rather than a performance modification. Does your car have an Australian connection?
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=image ... 40&bih=857

The combustion chambers of the 948cc BRITMO 'A' Series head 2A3AF2AS3 is the same as the 2A628, 12A1456 & 2A629 heads fitted to the 948cc 'A' Series at 24.5cc.

niftyrodman
Minor Fan

Post by niftyrodman »

You legend Phil. I knew you would know, or find out. Heartfelt thanks for all you wonderful support in this forum. That saves me the trouble of removing a head and doing a cc measure, much appreciated. I would be interested in your story with Morris Minors. Perhaps you might write it up and post it on general discussion I would be pleased if you did. Looking forward. Nev Rodman Tasmania.