Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Declan_Burns
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Hardi Fuel pump

Post by Declan_Burns »

I fitted the Hardi pump to my car in 2007 as the SU pump had packed up. The Hardi packed up early this year due to diaphragm issues with the modern fuel. I sent them an email about two weeks ago asking if it could be refurbished. The replied that it would be worth doing but it would cost me 22€ which included the return postage. I sent it off to them-just the bare pump.
It arrived back today and I cannot be sure it is not a brand new pump as all the fittings, cap, terminals etc are definitely new. All the mounting accessories, brackets etc. were included, operating instructions and originally boxed. I can see witness marks on the housing, which has certainly been blasted, which might indicate it was my original pump but I am not sure. I should have noted the serial number before I sent it to them. All in all not a bad service at all.
Regards
Declan

Regards
Declan
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Hardi Fuel pump

Post by geoberni »

Good to see such customer service.
The EU is bringing in new rules about 'repairability' of electrical goods like household appliances, so perhaps that extends to electric fuel pumps... :lol:
Basil the 1955 series II