Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Neil MG
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Removing traveller door glass

Post by Neil MG »

I have just fitted a pair of heated rear door glasses and I thought I would share a useful tip.

I was having a devil of a job trying to remove the screws that hold the wooden trims inside the glass. The problem is that it's difficult to get a good purchase and a good twist on the screwdriver as it is against the glass. I had a cheap flexible screwdriver set on the shelf, it was a gift years ago and to be honest I thought I would never ever use it. Well, nothing lost, why not give it a try. You now when you kind of go through the motions knowing that something isn't likely to work. Yes, you got it - out wound the first stuck screw, followed by the second and yes, every one came out without a fight. Even the rusty ones with worn heads! I had to dig out the old varnish from some of the heads with a sharp pointy thing, but screws that I had been fighting with for more than an hour just gave up before my eyes!
1956 Morris Minor Series II
1959 MGA 1600 Roadster
1966 Jaguar Mk2 3.8 MOD
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Removing traveller door glass

Post by bmcecosse »

It's your lucky day - nip out and buy a Lotto ticket!
ImageImage
mbo145
Minor Fan

Re: Removing traveller door glass

Post by mbo145 »

When I put the fillets back in mine I bought some "Slot" chrome plated brass screws of the same size, after the car accident I had to repair the doors, all the screws came out like magic! :D
My 1956 Series 11 Traveller! Bought when I was 17 (1985)....sold 6 years (1991) later......bought back 9 years after that! (2000) With 6 different owners in the middle, what a lucky boy I am!