Traveller's rest

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Woody49
MMOC Member: No

Traveller's rest

Post by Woody49 »

hi all, still trying to master the art of uploading photos. What I am trying to fathom out is how all the pieces that were there in the first place go together on this part of a traveller's corpse. Its the boxing plate extension , inner wing area.

Does anyone have a sketch of this? I have searched in vane for Morris Mono Construction info etc.

If I was brave I would class this as a restoration project, at the moment I am in the destruct phase.

1969 Almond Green 1098 Traveller ( now look more like a flatbed)[frame]Image[/frame]
Woody49

Re: Traveller's rest

Post by Woody49 »

The photo worked !!! miracles at this time of night.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Take a look at this resto thread: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=120

This is also a great thread for anyone restoring a traveller: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25298

Be brave - traveller corpses can be brought back to life! :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

Ive just done that bit, this is what it should look like

Woody49

Post by Woody49 »

Thanks for the swift responses. I have been studying the various restoration threads and still find it difficult to see what to join to what. I guess I am a bit reluctant to take too much more metal off, but there again rust is not exactly metal. Hence my initial request to see if anyone had sketched this. Meantime it's out with the cutting discs again?

Thanks again.
Woody49

Post by Woody49 »

This is result of this mornings cutting.

I think part marked 1 is the front face of the box section as it heads rearwards. Part 2 is the inner wing folded back which is welded to this box section. Part 3 is the opposite end of this front face at the b post end and part 4 is the roof of this box section. Part 5 is the floor of the box section.
It's very hard to see from the photos but is there another vertical face in front of the box section front face?
Last edited by Woody49 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woody49

Post by Woody49 »

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Mark Wilson »

Really wish Taupe would update his Traveller thread - it's quite embarrassing to have had my much inferior contribution as the last entry on there for so long :oops:
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

Hi

Part 1 is the remains of the original mudguard

Part 2 is a patch repair over the rear mudguard

Part 3 is the end of the boxing panel which is the panel with large holes that runs to the front of the A post

Part 4 is the chassis rail which is a rearward extension of the inner step sill and is not available as a repair panel

Part 5 is part of the main floor pressing that goes under most of the car, that particular section of the floor is available in two versions: as a panel complete with spring hanger or as a rear floor edge panel.

Taupe
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Mark Wilson »

Answer to the last question - yes, there is another vertical face, the boxing plate extension, available as a repair panel

http://www.morrisminorspares.net/shop_item.php?ID=4942

Clearly seen in Taupe's photo.

Mark
Woody49

Post by Woody49 »

Many thanks again guys. Mark the plate with the aperture had been overplated in my original state. On the other side I can see the remains of this plate with the aperture, which was also plated over. This is like trying to piece together a jigsaw and I think if I can get my head around this then I can work backwards as was my intent.
I do really appreciate your help.
Picture of drivers side attached[frame]Image[/frame]