Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
volrod544
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

1962 / A reg bootlid style pic please

Post by volrod544 »

Hi,
my moggy project came without a bootlid,its an A reg,1962 saloon.can anyone post a pic of the correct original style bootlid please (inside and out) so I can replace it with the correct style.-I know it is the metal prop style,but which one,the one with the rubber prop clip or metal clip.I also need to see what type badges it would have on the outside as the boots are drilled differently.
Pete
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: 1962 / A reg bootlid style pic please

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi Pete,
I've attached a photo of the outside for you, I don't have an inside shot at present but I can soon take one if no one else has one for you. I'll check back tomorrow.
Best wishes,
Mike.
[frame]Image[/frame]
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Here is the underside of the boot lid for you - excuse wax-oil runs and obvious black sealer, I was being over protective as this is my repaired (ex-spare) boot lid and this is all normally out of sight.
My slightly rustier original awaits its turn........
Best wishes,
Mike.
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
RichG
Minor Friendly

Post by RichG »

hi. i dont know if this will be of any help ? my moggie is a 1960 , and as far as i know this is original , apart from the number plate light , which was black steel when i 1st bought her in November of last year ,[frame]Image[/frame]

RichG
Minor Friendly

Post by RichG »

this one is the inside ! i think the 60 and 62 were the same , but dont quote me on that !! :D[frame]Image[/frame]

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I think all Minor 1000 boot lids are the same.
My number plate light was chrome when I bought her, however mine was a 'duluxe' model :lol: ........
RichG
Minor Friendly

Post by RichG »

lol get you mr posh pants !!! nice moggie by the way !!! :D

chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

All Minor 1000 bootlids are not the same. From roughly 64 onwards they had a telescopic catch on the o/s and a 'redesigned' boot seal.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Thanks, I was thinking the same about yours, is that Clarendon grey?

I think the outer skin / framework pressing underneath are the same on 1000's, they just swapped to a telescopic support on the opposite side of the boot and changed the sealing rubber to one that was stuck around the edge of the lid itself, as opposed to one covering the edge of the boot aperture, like mine.

I have been told that the later seals weren't that good and all they did were to trap moisture and cause the boot lid to rust round the edges....
(even more than they do already.... :wink: )
RichG
Minor Friendly

Post by RichG »

I think it is Yukon grey , so I'm told , it just says grey on the log book , and I can't see a paint code , but a moggie enthusiast said it looks like Yukon grey , and should be for a 1960 , I have a tin of touch up spray , that the previous owner left in the car when I bought her , and that says Yukon grey on it with a code no , but it is a lighter shade , quite a bit lighter !!! Lol , I like the look of yours , ! .

volrod544
Minor Friendly

Post by volrod544 »

chesney wrote:All Minor 1000 bootlids are not the same. From roughly 64 onwards they had a telescopic catch on the o/s and a 'redesigned' boot seal.
I have 3 different early types with the solid props !
the first has 6 holes for the boot badge and a rubber clip for the prop
[frame]Image[/frame]
the second has 6 holes for the boot badge and a metal clip for the prop
[frame]Image[/frame]
the third has 2 holes for the boot badge and a metal clip for the prop[frame]Image[/frame]
can anyone shed any light on approx what year cars they are from ?
Pete
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

At a Guess, in reverse order
Series II (no holes for the not needed '1000' and no hole for wiring to rear light as on MM)
1000(948) very early
1000 (early to approx 64)

I suspect some stocks bootlid carried over into new model runs to use them up.
volrod544
Minor Friendly

Post by volrod544 »

[quote="jagnut66"]Here is the underside of the boot lid for you - excuse wax-oil runs and obvious black sealer, I was being over protective as this is my repaired (ex-spare) boot lid and this is all normally out of sight.
My slightly rustier original awaits its turn........
Best wishes,
Mike
thanks for the pics everyone.Mike-yours has the rubber clip and the 6 holes for the badges.whats going on with your rear lights?
Pete
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Yes, mine has the rubber clip / retainer for the boot prop when it's not in use, plus six holes for 'Minor' and '1000' below it.
The retaining rubbers were available from ESM, everyone does the badges.
Best wishes,
Mike.