Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
westy24
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Seat belt anchor points . On 1956 split screen

Post by westy24 »

Where are the best places to fit anchor points for front and rear seat belts, measurements / location / pictures ? Also the best place to buy these and the bolts ? Would you guys go for 3 points for front seats and lap belts for rear seats or 3 point belts all round ?
Thanks in advance
andy.pointeer
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Seat belt anchor points . On 1956 split screen

Post by andy.pointeer »

If you have a workshop manual its covered in section R34/35.

If you need a manual you can get a pdf version from the internet.

I have 3 point Inertia belts in the front of my 66 traveller and had two fixing on the door pillar/sill. Had to drill floor for third fixing. I purchased all my belts and bolts etc from ESM

dont have belts in back, as not required by law and have not had passengers in back

Hope this helps
Andy
Secretary Bedford Branch

1966 Smoke Grey Traveller
stevey
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by stevey »

There wont be any factory anchorage point in a 56 saloon. Fitting a point on the inner sills and floor at the prop shaft area wont prove difficult, if a 4 door the b post is tricky to sort due to the trafficator, if a 2 door then fitting the later style 1000 mounts should again be ok, as mentioned have a look at the workshop manual.

ferret76
Minor Fan
Location: MMOC Tropical Research Division Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia

Post by ferret76 »

I fitted retractable seat belts on the back seat for my kids. I mounted the reels in the middle of the parcel shelf and the buckles attached under the rear seat to the inside of the wheel arches. You'll need to fit reinforcing plates under the nuts but most kits I've seen come with them. If you mount reels on the parcel shelf, make sure you get ones that operate horizontally as the vertical ones won't work properly lying down flat. I bought mine from a Mini website here in Australia but I'm sure there would be a UK equivalent. I had mine inspected by a company here called Kidsafe to make sure they were suitable and met the very stringent Australia/New Zealand Safety Standard. They work very well. I've used them with adult passengers, kids and approved child restraints (seats that is, not straight jackets).
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535