Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Early jacking points

Post by RobThomas »

I needed some of the early jacking points for MON-87 (1952) which I cut out of 6mm thick steel plate, drilled the holes, filed and poilished it smooth, primed and then painted. Fitted nicely. I then decided to make another set for HFH-200 (1949) but the buggers need to be about 3/4 inch longer for a Lowlight.
Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone tries to buy or make a set for themselves.
Cardiff, UK
craigb
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Early jacking points

Post by craigb »

Sounds good Rob. You probably have access to original ones but just thought i would mention that I have a feeling these are the originals ones on this car and happy to measure anything if that helps...... attempts to give back with all the great support i have received here!
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

Thanks for the offer, Craig. I'm just going to cut some new ones in the next hour and fit them. They need to be quite well clamped to hold up the weight of the car and I've got some new bolts to go in that ought to be a bit stronger than the originals. The early cars have a lip on them that is turned 90 degrees from the later cars and this restricts the width of the brackets, too. I'll try and get some photos as I go.
Cardiff, UK
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

jackpoint1.png
jackpoint1.png (870.73 KiB) Viewed 803 times
jackpoint2.png
jackpoint2.png (1018.55 KiB) Viewed 803 times
jackpoint3.png
jackpoint3.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 803 times
Early series MM, late series MM and a Morris 1000.

Notice the different ways the lip has been arranged? Sticks out on the first, sticks forwards on the second and folded right inwards on the third.
Cardiff, UK