Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
splitscreen
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Fitting Traveller aluminum front quarter panel

Post by splitscreen »

I understand from ESM that their reproduction front quarter panel doesn't have the lip at the bottom where it fits against the wooden sill as my original panel does.
Without this I'm finding it difficult to get the new panel to sit easily within the wood frame. Is this how reproduction panels are now made and does anybody have any tips on fitting?
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.67 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Re: Fitting Traveller aluminum front quarter panel

Post by Mark Wilson »

Mine came from Steve Foreman at Woodies three or four years ago, don't know where he sourced them from. Not a great photo, but think you can see the lip you are looking for.

Attachments
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG (776.72 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Steve Phillips
Minor Fan

Post by Steve Phillips »

It would be very easy for a local sheet metal shop or good resto company to put the fold in your new panels,

It would only take a minute or two for both, but I would suggest take your old alloy panels with you to give them the angle and position of the fold, and remember they are handed ....

Don't know where you are based but if your anywhere near Sevenoaks in Kent stop by and I'll put the folds in for you.

Steve
splitscreen
Minor Friendly

Post by splitscreen »

Thanks for the photo Mark - yes I can see the folded lip which is the same as I have on my old panel. Interesting when I contacted Steve Foreman they didn't have any in stock and suggested I try ESM.

And thanks for the offer Tim.