Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Traveller Cab pick up chasis

Post by les »

I agree my points were not positive but being realistic, and was bearing in mind that you also favoured a proper cab, as indicated in a recent post. However we can all change our minds and I wish you well with what you have.

Dai
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Dai »

No problem Les , I really think I am going to struggle to get a true pick up in the short term or ideally just a cab so l am going to progress the mongrel version.
Such a shame you can’t get just a roof, bulk head and floor ,
All the best Dai
Westcountryman
Minor Friendly

Post by Westcountryman »

You have an interesting project ahead. I have a pick up with a custom load bed. Your traveller cab will be longer than the pick up cab that I have but you can see from the photos that there is still some flat area of chassis before it rises to clear the back axle. I think there should be enough room for the length of your cab. Also the lower cross member on the cab is higher than the cab floor as your appears to be because it is intended to support the steel pick up bed which is higher than the cab floor.
I added a timber back and had to think about the size. I think it could have been longer. As they sold a chassis cab for custom bodies I cannot see why there would be any issues with the length of the rear load bed within reason. The rear wheels happen to be in the centre of mine but I wish sometimes I had made it longer - 6 feet is more useful than 4ft 3in.
Attachments
DSC01808.JPG
DSC01808.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 3280 times
DSC01805.JPG
DSC01805.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3280 times
Dai
Minor Friendly

Post by Dai »

Hi Westcountryman
I’m not left with much of my eBay good condition cab but nothing a few panels can’t properly correct, I like your interpretation and sure it serves you well , you’re correct the cab will fit fine on the chassis, however because the bed might look a little stubby or if extended to far out could also look a little odd l am coming around to the idea of a roll top bed slightly inset to the wheels with a half width arch with a wider wheel . I need to do a couple of photo mock ups but invite any ideas.
If I have posted incorrectly apologies, but answering.
Attachments
7A5C61EA-5581-4462-B1E2-38ADA74D5DCC.jpeg
7A5C61EA-5581-4462-B1E2-38ADA74D5DCC.jpeg (702.26 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
Westcountryman
Minor Friendly

Post by Westcountryman »

Sounds interesting. I look forward to the photo mock-ups.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’m not keen on custom backs on pickups but let me say, yours looks well thought out and the neatest I’ve seen.

Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

I can't be much help to you apart from the Traveller part of the project, but I have found you a T shirt!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Morri ... Swqu9VCv~a

Mark