Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
silloyd
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Traveller Bootwell Repair Panel

Post by silloyd »

I need to repair the back edge of the boot, using a panel like the one below, prior to replacing some of the wood.

It won't be the first time this area has been repaired but it was done before I owned it, so I can't see how the panel should be attached to the wheel arches.

Can someone tell me if it should be seam welded or spot/plug welded to the wheel arches please?

Thanks in anticipation :)
rear-bootwell-panel-traveller-lmc-hadrian-uk-made-p828537-2772_zoom.jpg
rear-bootwell-panel-traveller-lmc-hadrian-uk-made-p828537-2772_zoom.jpg (32.63 KiB) Viewed 698 times
_____________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Xog and I am from Adderley Park. Greetings earth people...take me to your leaded.

Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Traveller Bootwell Repair Panel

Post by Mark Wilson »

I plug welded the bootwell panel downstand flanges to the inner wings and the bottom of the arch flanges, which were all new. A very difficult bit of hammering and reshaping to get them to fit together at the foot. I didn't take notes or photos of the originals, but I'm pretty sure they were all spot welded.

This photo is at the trial fitting stage, but may help with understanding the relationship of the panels.
Attachments
DSCF7760.jpg
DSCF7760.jpg (101.24 KiB) Viewed 667 times
silloyd
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Traveller Bootwell Repair Panel

Post by silloyd »

Mark, thanks for the reply and the picture. Both very helpful :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Xog and I am from Adderley Park. Greetings earth people...take me to your leaded.