Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
culp
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller Headlining and Roof

Post by culp »

can anyone advise what size and type of nails to use to hold down the metal rear roof on my Traveller? I took the roof off 3 years ago and I didn't keep the nails and now can't remember what they were :oops:

Also, if I'm reading The Complete Companion book by Ray Newell correctly it recommends fitting the headlining to the headlining support beams first, before fitting the beams into the car...really? I would have fitted the beams, then tacked in the headlining. How do you ensure it stays smooth?
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Re: Traveller Headlining and Roof

Post by Mark Wilson »

Sorry, only just seen this. From memory the nails I used were galvanized steel wire nails, approx 25mm.

I asked the same question about headlining sequence a bit ago. I still haven't fitted mine, but the consensus on here was that for once Steve Forman's advice in the Ray Newell book wasn't really suitable for the average home restorer. I've fitted the beams and the roof, the headlining will follow on when I'm feeling brave enough!
culp
Minor Fan

Post by culp »

I like the bit about feeling brave :(
Nickol
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Nickol »

Have you seen the Wheeler Dealers video where Edd China has renewed the lining? It is available on you tube .
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]