roof lining

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
max
MMOC Member: No

roof lining

Post by max »

hi folks,im sure this question will have been asked before but i am new to this service. I am doing a total renovation on a 71 traveller and need to remove the front section of roof lining,i have seen the modified fork that is used but dont know whether it is offered up between the lining and cross rail or the lining and roof(the lining has been dropped exposing the plywood).I dont know what the clips look like or how many there are,any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance,Max
Roni
Minor Fan

Re: roof lining

Post by Roni »

Have a look at this thread ( http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29881 ), there may be some photos that could clarify things for you. If you do a search for 'headlining' you will find a number of other helpful threads about this too. Have fun with the job.

GeorgeHurst
Minor Addict

Post by GeorgeHurst »

Max, In the thread Roni mentions you will see the tool and the shape of the clips. There are two clips, and the tool is offered between the lining and the cross rail.
[sig]3218[/sig]<br/>
'Morris' - 1966 1098cc 2dr salloon
max

Post by max »

to Roni and George,thank you both you have been a great help,ive worked in a bodyshop all my life but never changed one of these. thanks. Max
GeorgeHurst
Minor Addict

Post by GeorgeHurst »

No probs, good luck :)
[sig]3218[/sig]<br/>
'Morris' - 1966 1098cc 2dr salloon