Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
digger64
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

rear speakers

Post by digger64 »

hello, i wondered if anyone out there could give me a few ideas on where and how to fit a pair of small speakers in the rear of my 1968 saloon? my three year old keeps complaining that she can hear her music in the back, and it's getting a tad embassing sitting at traffic lights with postman pat songs blasting out!

cheers!
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: rear speakers

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

digger64 wrote: my three year old keeps complaining that she can hear her music in the back,... with postman pat songs blasting out!
maybe she would prefer chuggingtons or numberjacks..

I assume you have seatbelts in the rear so space will be limited on the rear parcel shelf but these might fit as they look like they have a small footprint..

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165707
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

you can get mini speakers which have good sound quality from maplins i think they have a catalogue online
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

If its a 2 door, cut small holes in the rear side 'door cards', there's quite a good amount of depth. OR mount some box speakers under the front seats facing backwards.
___Anne___

Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

I got some small speakers from Maplin and fitted them to a replacement parcel shelf cut from plastic facia. This was then covered in leatherette material. The existing metal shelf below the back window sits lower than the seatback and the new speaker shelf lies level with the top of the seat.
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

Alex'n'Ane wrote:If its a 2 door, cut small holes in the rear side 'door cards', there's quite a good amount of depth. OR mount some box speakers under the front seats facing backwards.
ive got 2 5 inch speakers that fit just nicely under the arm rest :D can get a pik if you like
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
digger64
Minor Friendly

Post by digger64 »

cheers, hotrodder13, but mines a four door!
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

I recommend a 1KW subwoofer in the boot with a power amp fed from the battery and a good battery charger!! :o

Sorry couldn't resist it :oops:

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

How about in the box section under the back seat.
[sig]3580[/sig]
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

RogerRust wrote:I recommend a 1KW subwoofer in the boot with a power amp fed from the battery and a good battery charger!! :o

Sorry couldn't resist it :oops:
u mean like this ????[frame]Image[/frame]

hahaha :D extreamly loud and very basey
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
alainmoran
Minor Addict

Post by alainmoran »

I fitted my speakers to a board attached behind the rear-seat, I then mounted the rear-seat-swab hinges on blocks of wood to stand the seat away from the bulkhead & added magnets also mounted to blocks of wood along the top - the swab folds-down as usual but when it folds up it's a good inch 1/2 proud of the bulkhead - this gives enough room for the sound to escape but allows you to still sit on the seat.

Since these pictures were taken I've replaced the subs with a set that go down to 20Hz, uprated the sub-amp to a 3k chuffer (1k running mid/top - 4k total) and the board is now 18mm of wood rather than 6mm of MDF, but the principle is the same.