Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Slingers0710
MMOC Member: No

Traveller rear seats

Post by Slingers0710 »

Hiya
Looking on the internet, there appear to be two different types of Morris Traveller rear seat squabs. The first type is flat underneath, whilst the second has a shaped wooden baton with steel pins and a cut out for transmission tunnel. My guess is that the baton is required in order to provide support to along the centreline and those I have seen without it are incomplete.

Can anyone confirm that the baton should form part of the Traveller's rear seat squab?

If so, does that baton also fit into the saloon or is it supported differently?

I'm asking all this because I have been led to understand that the Ford Ka rear seat squab will fit in the back of a saloon if attached to the wooden base of a Traveller rear seat.

The main question is do I just need the flat wooden base or whether I also need the shaped baton too?

Sorry about the waffle hope that makes sense.

charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: Traveller rear seats

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

it does..

why not just cut a piece of wood to shape rather than butcher a traveller seat (might be cheaper).. if you are local to me you are more than welcome to come over and make a template from my traveller seat.

i can not see the baton being required because it is for the two pins that lock the back rest in place when front seat is folded forward.
welshrat
Minor Addict

Re: Traveller rear seats

Post by welshrat »

charlie_morris_minor wrote:it does..

why not just cut a piece of wood to shape rather than butcher a traveller seat (might be cheaper).. if you are local to me you are more than welcome to come over and make a template from my traveller seat.

i can not see the baton being required because it is for the two pins that lock the back rest in place when front seat is folded forward.
Hi, does anyone have any pictures of the wooden baton required when fitting ka rear seats?