Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
culp
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Seat Belt Supplier

Post by culp »

Can anyone recommend a good seatbelt supplier. My car's a 1970 Traveller and I want a set as close to original as possible
don58van
Minor Addict

Re: Seat Belt Supplier

Post by don58van »

This is a long shot, but if you are interested in seat belts with coloured webbing, there is a supplier here in Australia who does them in a good range of colours. The exchange rate is favourable to the UK presently too.

Don
Steve Phillips
Minor Fan

Post by Steve Phillips »

If you have a look on eBay under "classic seat belts" you will find lots of origional style second hand belts,
Even if the webbing is past it there are companies around that can replace the webbing to a safe and professional standard,
I know there's one in Essex but can't remember their name at the moment, but you can post belts to them and they will 're-webbing them and post them back.
Alternatively also on eBay is a large choice of new retro style belts, some for VW's some for BMC and some generic,

Hope this helps,

Steve
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Another option for you is Quickfit belts (link below). Not the cheapest option but brand new belts, to your specification.
If you want the original look then grey webbing and everything in chrome.
You also need to specify whether you need the inertia reel to be floor or side (sill) mounted.
I'm happy with them.
There is even a chap who reproduces the original Brittax stickers! :D

https://www.quickfitsbs.com/classic_cars_seatbelts.php

I'd be wary of secondhand seatbelts, as they may be from a car that has been in an accident and therefore no longer fit for purpose.
If you do buy secondhand please take the advice given by others above and get the webbing replaced.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
culp
Minor Fan

Post by culp »

Much obliged for the help