Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
TRIUMPH66
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

LCV RALLY AT GAYDON

Post by TRIUMPH66 »

I attended the rally organised by the LCV Register over the weekend in my van and it was good to see a good turn out of Morris vans and pickups at Gaydon. It was good to catch up with fellow LCVers.

Here's a link to the Sunday Express which covered the event which I thought would interest people.

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/galle ... sary/36773
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: LCV RALLY AT GAYDON

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

I also attended this excellent event at Gaydon, well done LCV Register 8)

Too many Minors so little time.....
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

I think the event was great - I attended for a few hours on Sunday, and I'm told it was a bit quieter than Saturday.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the 1100 club there (separately) and they had some great vehicles too.
I've taken to wondering if smaller clubs could combine to halve the amount they have to pay at event sites - in this case I would guess they both paid the usual club event rates.

It's pretty sad how much they had to pay to use an open carpark at the museum (and providing a free additional events for any museum attendees not entering either of the 2 rallies) but the museum is good and anyone who did the off road track would have had a special day. I didn't check if the go cart track was open (I didn't hear it) but it usually is in summer and that was very good too (although quite a while since I had a go).
I ran an event at the Heritage centre ~10 years ago, and had to keep our event small to avoid paying a lot. Their full event prices (with marshalls etc..) were pretty much in line with many places but still way more than most people would expect.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
horologiumwatches
Minor Fan

Post by horologiumwatches »

I was there all weekend arriving on Friday night and camping in the campsite. I thought it was a thoroughly good show with plenty of people bringing some very nice LCV's along. A big thank you to anyone involved in organising the event (I don't wan't to name names as I'm bound to miss someone out). When you take into account everything you got for your money I thought the cost was very reasonable, camping for a campervan and tent for two nights, museum entry for two for two days, food for two on Saturday evening (we both went for seconds too) and a show plaque. On the Saturday there was an organised photo shoot of GPO and AA vans, and on Sunday there was an areal photo shoot with vehicles arranged in a big 60. I took a few photo's of the weekend for you all to see.

I think Robins van had to be my star of the show:

Jonathan's pick up 'in progress' was interesting too:

And to bring up the rear on my top three:

Van with Alfa Sud flat four:

And last but not least, had to say hello while we were there...... bet you know what it is!

Thanks
Tommy
1951 Series MM Lowlight
1954 Series II Four Door De Lux 'The Bomb'
Rasputin
Minor Fan

Post by Rasputin »

Show plaque? I didn`t get one and I was there for both days :cry: ,and those seconds you went for were probably mine,as I didn`t go for the meal. :lol: I must admit I enjoyed the rally,and the museum as I haven`t been before.
TRIUMPH66
Minor Friendly

Post by TRIUMPH66 »

Great photos horologiumwatches; good to see my van in a couple of shots too plus me in the background.
horologiumwatches
Minor Fan

Which van is yours?
1951 Series MM Lowlight
TRIUMPH66
Minor Friendly

Post by TRIUMPH66 »

Photo 5 (panoramic shot) My van is the Willow Green van between the blue and red pickups. :D
Naadeslaus
Minor Fan

Post by Naadeslaus »

It was really great to be there. It was a good trip from Norway no Gaydon. Almost 3000 km. The car run great and had no trouble. Onle trouble was that [Don't swear or you will be banned - Admin] thet drove in to me in a roundabout. And smashed the front right wing of my van. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Best regards Kim

The lucky owner of:
1949 Serie MM
1953 LCV
1953 2-door saloon
1953 4-door saloon
1956 Traveller
1959 Pick up
1961 2-door saloon
1963 4-door saloon
1963 Traveller
1974 Leyland 270

horologiumwatches
Minor Fan

Hi Kim,
I saw your van there, looked really good. I like your sense of humor too, I forgot to take a picture of your 'dent', do you have one you can post up for people to see what I mean? Have you made it back now then?
Tommy
1951 Series MM Lowlight
Plin
Minor Fan

Post by Plin »

We were really saddened to see your dent Kim especially as you had only just sorted your beautiful van out. But as horologiumwatches says it was good to see you managed to have a sense of humour about it. Hope you don't have too much hassle with insurances and that you are able to fix it soon. Please don't be put off popping over to the UK again.
Naadeslaus
Minor Fan

Post by Naadeslaus »

Yes get back to Norway yesterday. I can put out a Picture later today. It will be fixed realy soon. :D
Best regards Kim

The lucky owner of:
1949 Serie MM
1953 LCV
1953 2-door saloon
1953 4-door saloon
1956 Traveller
1959 Pick up
1961 2-door saloon
1963 4-door saloon
1963 Traveller
1974 Leyland 270

Naadeslaus
Minor Fan

Post by Naadeslaus »

horologiumwatches wrote:Hi Kim,
I saw your van there, looked really good. I like your sense of humor too, I forgot to take a picture of your 'dent', do you have one you can post up for people to see what I mean? Have you made it back now then?
Tommy
Here's a pic.
Best regards Kim

The lucky owner of:
1949 Serie MM
1953 LCV
1953 2-door saloon
1953 4-door saloon
1956 Traveller
1959 Pick up
1961 2-door saloon
1963 4-door saloon
1963 Traveller
1974 Leyland 270

margriff
Minor Fan

Post by margriff »

Great pics Holo'. :)
Sir Hugo Reginald Von Bartesby - "Burble and Squeak"
ForTheLoveOfCars

Channel 4's For The Love Of Cars seeks LCVs

Post by ForTheLoveOfCars »

Hello all,
My name is Rob Kelly, I'm working on the new series of Channel 4's For The Love Of Cars. If you're not familiar with the series, it's essentially about celebrating iconic, everyday cars.

I'm really keen to put together an item on Minor LCVs and was hoping to track down some owners that have a strong personal connection with their van.... Perhaps they drove it during their career and then sought one and restored it in retirement... Their parents might have driven one everyday for 20 years and now passed it onto their children... anything to illustrate their love and passion for these wonderful vans.

If anyone has any suggestions of interesting stories/people surrounding LCVs, I'd love to hear for you.

Please feel free to either post a reply or email me directly at robert.kelly@loveproductions.co.uk

Many thanks!