Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dudford
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: MMOC National Rally 2017

Post by dudford »

Is this definitely on at Tulleys? I live opposite and there's no advertising for it, no mention on their twitter feed and it's not on their website for upcoming events.
Dudders
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

It's been confirmed. Perhaps Tulleys just haven't got round to updating their website yet?

Eric - 1971 Traveller
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Doesn't bode well......Hopefully they have cleared up after Shocktober, it was an absolute hole then.....
gtt1951
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by gtt1951 »

Anyone else notice this? The postcode, on any of the mapping programmes I've used, doesn't point at Tulleys Farm, but at Worth Hall.
I've checked the postcode on Tulley's website and it was quoted correctly on the entry form.

George.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

dudford wrote:Is this definitely on at Tulleys? I live opposite and there's no advertising for it, no mention on their twitter feed and it's not on their website for upcoming events.
I've just been on their website and there are no advertised events for June!
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The rally entry form is now available to download here: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/Events/National-Rally

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Is there a way of paying electronically? I find the cheque, A5 SAE thing troublesome as my bank account doesn't support this method.

I've taken to just turning up and paying on the day, which is generally more expensive.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You may need to get in touch with mmoc Derby to check that out, if you're not happy with paying on the day. However, it's only a few quid more and has the advantage of giving the option of not going if it's tipping it down with rain. That's how I tend to play it now.

parkview094
Minor Friendly

Post by parkview094 »

Aha! We're hoping to go, but still have some items in the diary we need to clear out first. Is not-booking and just paying on the day an acceptable option then?
dudford
Minor Friendly

Post by dudford »

I was under the impression that it was largely being boycotted as its hardy in a central location... nevertheless I aim to just show up, doubt they'd turn away
Dudders
HarryMango
Minor Addict

Post by HarryMango »

parkview094 wrote:Aha! We're hoping to go, but still have some items in the diary we need to clear out first. Is not-booking and just paying on the day an acceptable option then?
Everybody is welcome - member, non member, with Minor or not (if off road or not got one) - just turn up & pay on the gate - the more the merrier

Rog
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

dudford wrote:I was under the impression that it was largely being boycotted as its hardy in a central location... nevertheless I aim to just show up, doubt they'd turn away
What or who gave you that impression?

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Bit harsh on London. I will be coming from just south of Cambridge. but have done Donnington and all five of the first MOT overseas when I were nowt but a lad! I liked Weston Park, fairly central for most people !
Last edited by firedrake1942 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Im coming along with a few others from Northern Ireland, not so many cars travelling from here this time but I wouldnt miss it! Ive been every year since Donnington and a few other before that as well. Im hoping for a great turn out and perhaps some different cars that dont like driving too far!

Too many Minors so little time.....
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I don't know why those in the north get so upset when once in a blue moon it's the southerners who can just roll out of bed, and be there! :roll:

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

It re-inforces the entirely accurate stereotype that we are all soft southerners no better than a big girl's blouse.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well this big girls blouse, has made the trip up country many a time but this time it's a stroll ! I don't think I've used the van this year, Will have to get her out soon, expect as soon as I look at the key she'll start! :) Good old moggy.

FourBanger
Minor Friendly

Post by FourBanger »

As much as id love to go to the Rally I dont think my old girl will make the 384 mile roud trip in her current state :lol:
Maybe/hopefully next year!
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

One to aim for in terms of the restoration / work schedule. Although the auto jumble is not as extensive as the bi annual Beaulieu, it is at least minor focussed.
Cam

Post by Cam »

Hi all,

Just to be clear, you are all MORE than welcome to turn up on the day. It's £15 per car but if you are camping that's extra of course.

Hopefully all from the south who wanted the rally in the south will show up in force to prove that it's worthwhile having the rally this far south.

Oh and there is no boycott either! We are having the rally in the south this time as it has been requested several times but we will be able to see after this event if it's financially viable for the future and how many actually turn up so come along and make the numbers up. :D :D