If you want to give it away, do it here
Steve Phillips
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

803 engine and gearbox

Postby Steve Phillips » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi all

I have an 803cc A series engine and gearbox

condition unknown, it was removed from the car in the mid 80s as a good runner, but stored up ever since, when i moved it a couple of weeks ago i caught the sump and it has leaked its oil out of the bottom corner,

I also have the gearbox to go with it, I know that theres a broken piece of casting on the mating face (cant remember where exactly and cant get to the box at the moment to see it) again it came out as a runner in the 80s and stroed up ever since, if either are any use to anyone they are free, otherwise they will go in the next scrap run,

they are just outside sevenoaks in kent, 5 mins from J5 of the M25,

Steve Phillips
Minor Friendly

Re: 803 engine and gearbox

Postby Steve Phillips » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 am

Putting this up again as a reminder,

I'm doing a scrap run next week and if no one wants it then it will have to go im afraid.

Steve

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Postby jagnut66 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:10 am

PM 'sparesman' on here, or Bryan Gostling, using his email, which I believe you can find in the mag.
He may well be able to take it off your hands or be able to put you in touch with someone who wants it.
Because so many have been removed and replaced by 948s etc. and Minors with them still fitted have become an unusual sight, there are now some out there who want to put them back in (or keep them) when they do restorations.................
And spares for them are thin on the ground too I believe, so it might prove useful to someone in that way.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- on axle stands needing more welding......
1955 Series 2: Traveller: "Elsie May" -- on the road and enjoying her 'as is' for now but I see work ahead......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- driven back from Llangollen in Wales

doog
MMOC Member: No

Postby doog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:11 am

My mate and i are doing a '54 Minor. I'm sure he'd love to have this. We're only in Suffolk. If still available, do you want to mail me? Regards Doog.

Steve Phillips
Minor Friendly

Postby Steve Phillips » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 am

PM sent