Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
overider
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

2007 Roses run

Post by overider »

Hi just back now @ 19:52 from the roses run it was ace. It was brilliantly organised by Glenn Reid and his team. Just a quik short write up.We had a very enjoyable night last night at Morecambe with quizzes and raffles. The prises were top class I personally won a minichamp Morris minor traveller, a bush vintage radio and 1.5 litre of Scotch whisky. On top of that, we were given a goody bag of free products at the start point this morning 8:30ish. We followed the root we were given this morning, which took us through rain, and clouds, over some very testing hills and single-track roads, some that steep some moggy men had to get out and help the cars get up them and others that near melted your brake linings. We had our first dedicated stops after two hours of hard driving at the Kilnsey park trout farm. We had a cup of tea and a slice of cake and a good laugh with all about the steep hills etc. We then drove no with our next stop for lunch at Boruoghbridge before the last push onto sunny Scarborough. We arrived there at 4:30 ish. The rest is history. As I said, I am now back home in Sunny Leeds. Manny thanks to Glenn and his team for the good hospitality and well-organised run. :D
HAVE IT! LOVE IT! DRIVE IT!
dalebrignall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by dalebrignall »

have you got any dates for next year. i go to filey quite a lot and could do this whilst on holiday it sounds great fun thanks dale.
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

hi dale it is normally every september and they swap starting and finishing point round every year so it will start in scarborough next year.
it is always well advertised in the moggy mags so just keep your eye out. Or i can e-mail you Glenn contact info. It is good fun !
Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Post by Kevin »

But which of the cars in you signature did you use for the event as you seem to have quite a choice :D
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

Hi Kev, I did the run in the Blue four door Lovingly Known as George, the maroon convertible is Mildred, the green four door is Donna the donor car and the jag Edith the E type, and the red van you can just see the back of is Bert the Berlingo :lol: I also did the Barnsley JOGLE John'O'Groats to Lands End in George last year, so now he has done the full lenth and breadth of the UK. :lol:
just for proof here we are at the finish at Scarborough
Imagesorry i cant get the image to go any larger the line on the left points to George and the mark on the top right is me :lol:
Last edited by overider on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

overider wrote:......, so now he has done the full lenth and breadth of the UK. :lol:
????? Not quite :-? What about doing the LEO Run next year :wink: :D
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

????? Not quite :-? What about doing the LEO Run next year :wink: :D
what is the LEO Run ???? What dose this entail???? :o
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

You've not seen the thread??? It's Lands End to Orkney, ending at the Orkney Vintage Club Show. See the next issue of Minor Matters :D
overider
Minor Fan

Post by overider »

Sounds good to me i keep my eyes open for that, might give it a go :lol:
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

We'd love to have you join us :D