Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
limegreen
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Doodles (:

Post by limegreen »

I've been in a doodling mood, and the car has become the subject of my studies...
Done from a back angle photo I had of her, just glancing then sketching (:

[frame]Image[/frame]
GAS
Minor Fan

Re: Doodles (:

Post by GAS »

Fantastic :D
Now a traveller
ImageImage
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well done - I'm always amazed by sketches and paintings - I can't draw even a 'stick man' !
ImageImage
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

Nice! That's how Issigonis started his design for the Minor, just rough sketches.

pjh56
Minor Legend

Post by pjh56 »

limegreen wrote:I've been in a doodling mood, and the car has become the subject of my studies...
Done from a back angle photo I had of her, just glancing then sketching (:

[frame]Image[/frame]
I'd copyright that, somebody will nick your idea, then you'll see it in some fashionable shop window with a large price tag on it.
:D

My 1970 2 door saloon Trafalgar Blue
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

pjh56 wrote: I'd copyright that, somebody will nick your idea, then you'll see it in some fashionable shop window with a large price tag on it.
Thanks for all your comments! I'll try a traveller next I get time to doodle (:

and pjh56, UK copyright law is a wonderful thing. you dont need to apply or anything, just have proof that you are the creator of the image or idea - as I keep all my original files and drawings, i can prove this easily!
I drew this one on my computer with my graphics tablet - basically a pen on a pad via USB instead of a mouse.
pjh56
Minor Legend

Post by pjh56 »

limegreen wrote:
pjh56 wrote: I'd copyright that, somebody will nick your idea, then you'll see it in some fashionable shop window with a large price tag on it.
Thanks for all your comments! I'll try a traveller next I get time to doodle (:

and pjh56, UK copyright law is a wonderful thing. you dont need to apply or anything, just have proof that you are the creator of the image or idea - as I keep all my original files and drawings, i can prove this easily!
I drew this one on my computer with my graphics tablet - basically a pen on a pad via USB instead of a mouse.
I'm glad about that as it's a pretty neat drawing and would look good as a wall print or even contemporary cards, can't wait to see how the traveller turns out, then maybe a convertible?

Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Blaketon »

bmcecosse wrote:Well done - I'm always amazed by sketches and paintings - I can't draw even a 'stick man' !
I’m afraid that when it comes to drawing, I can only do the type done on a drawing board!! I reckon if I tried to sketch a Minor, it would end up looking like something out of a hall of mirrors.

I remember two boys in school with me (Lived within a street or two of each other), who were very talented artists. Neither were good academically; in fact the one was in the “Remedials”, whilst the other (He was a year or two older than me) came back to do A level art but nothing else (I don’t know if he had any O levels). I remember some of his paintings being on display in the school foyer. They were of a farm near where I lived in those days (Now sadly covered with houses) and they were really good; I wish I knew where I could get my hands on one now. He painted what he saw, as it appeared, which is the kind of art I like (Call me a Philistine but I think Picasso should have gone to Specsavers). The other one ended up “Down the pit” (Itself now long since gone) but to see him draw was amazing; he would start off with a few lines on various parts of the paper and suddenly it would take shape (Perfectly placed on the paper). He was gifted; I don’t know if he actually knew what he was doing in that he seemed to do it by instinct.

There was a third boy, who was in my class for a while. I think he went on to study law at university but he was also good at art, though I seem to remember his forte was more in cartoon sketches.

The few “Oxbridge” candidates were only good academically. If being classed as “Remedials” had been based on what they did in metalwork, woodwork (And often art), they would have been classed as such. Fortunately for them, the school placed most emphasis on the kind of intelligence they had; there were quite a few who were maybe not quite as good academically (But still more than capable) but who were much better all rounders (They didn’t look like fish out of water in the metalwork class). I often feel society is too specific and limited in the kind of skills it values.
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

Nice drawing....
How about my picture here.........

As you can see it's of my Morris. I drew it when we had that very snowy spell back at the start of the year....... :wink:

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:lol: :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
stephenpolhill
Minor Addict

Post by stephenpolhill »

Thats fantastic! It's good as a sketch but on a tablet PC. Thats even more amazing!!!

Just J-j-j-jiggle it a bit.
'Fiona' - a 1965 original 'C' 2dr in Almond Green
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... bc64c7805b
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

I think a whole series!

4dr in green
2dr in red
trav in purple
convertible in blue
van in yellow
pickup in orange!
(:
carlosramalho
Minor Addict

Post by carlosramalho »

Nice, and I'm free to buy all items if you are think to do copies.
Cheers
carlos
MM Lowlight 1949 - Portuguese Registration
Traveller 1964 - formerly AKR 343 B
Convertible1969 - formerly XCH 455 G
Pickup 1971 - formerly BTT 213 K
MMOC 66138
MORRIS MINOR is Forever also in Portugal
pjh56
Minor Legend

Post by pjh56 »

limegreen wrote:I think a whole series!

4dr in green
2dr in red
trav in purple
convertible in blue
van in yellow
pickup in orange!
(:
Sounds like you could start a little money maker, like Carlos i'd certainly buy a copy if they were for sale .

stephenpolhill
Minor Addict

Post by stephenpolhill »

Ditto. Anywhere near as good as that sketch and I'm buying!

carlosramalho
Minor Addict

Post by carlosramalho »

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
cheers
carlos
MMOC 66138
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

Well, I did PM carlos after I saw his post, and offered to draw his own cars for him. These would be done on paper with pencils and pens and signed and posted nice and flat to the car's owners. If the mood takes me (and the pictures need planning sketches), I may even include the sheets of my planning sketches for the pictures.
A little more personal, I think, as my PC doodles are just that - doodles. As I do them in small resolutions they wouldn't print out very nicely either (:

All money earned through this would go in my petrol and parts pot for Rose!

(Mods - If you see this as advertising, I apologise! It's just the subject was brought up, and it's what I do as a hobby/pocket money earner.)
stephenpolhill
Minor Addict

Post by stephenpolhill »

What a lovely idea! I reckon if you wanted even more people to buy them you should put an example print up :)

limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

I'll be doing some today, as Carlos has asked to see examples of the different ways I can do them - plain linework, coloured and slightly coloured.
This one is obviously plain linework, sorry for the bad quality photo - I gave it as a birthday gift before I had a chance to scan it in! It's a 1941 Plymouth Coupe Hot Rod, and shows the 'plain linework' example - It's wobbly for that 'old' effect - wobbles are optional!:
[frame]Image[/frame]

The picture attached of the Mitsubushi was taken from my A-Level artwork a good few months back. Its all I have scanned at the moment! Oops. It shows how I mix colours rather than shading it all one shade of blue - It does not show good proportion or neat linework other than on the light and front arch![frame]Image[/frame]
carlosramalho
Minor Addict

Post by carlosramalho »

Chelsea,
thanks for your effort to put into the frorum some samples of your work
so i can choose one of your nice and super work!
Cheers
carlos
MMOC 66138