Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kangarolf
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

MG alloys wont fit

Post by kangarolf »

A mate has a set of MG minilite type wheels in the garage and I thought they might fit on the morris I have. The stud patterns seems to match but they wont fit over the drum brake (too tight).

Are there different sizes etc and if so what size mini wheels should I be looking for to fit on a standard Morris.

Any advice greatly appreciated..did do a few searches on the forum for minilite but couldnt get any suitable advice.

Thanks in advance
Rolf
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

What year of MG and what model did they come from, because if they have a 4" pcd they should fit, even the standard Ro-style wheels fit the Minor brake drums.
Mini wheels have the same pcd but the offset may be completly different and if you are looking for a standard fit there is a problem as they were not made in 14" diameter rims and neither were the Midget ones.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
kangarolf
Minor Friendly

Post by kangarolf »

Will check which wheels they are.. I suspect they are from a mini rather than an MG proper.

What type of mini wheels do fit..? Much easier to obtain than MG wheels.

Cheers
Rolf
Alec
Minor Legend

Post by Alec »

Hello Rolf,
mini wheels are far too small in diameter.

Alec
kangarolf
Minor Friendly

Post by kangarolf »

They did look very small to me, I may have misheard what people have told me in the past.

Is there a list somewhere with suitable wheel types and/or modifications needed..?

Thanks all
rolf
Alec
Minor Legend

Post by Alec »

Hello Rolf,
apart from Sprite\Midget there is the A40, Wolseley\Riley 1.5 (really Minor wheels anyway) Minor van if you can find any, Morris 11\1300 but again too small and too inset, not too sure about the Metro, getting too new for me.

Alec