Another Flea-bay Question.......

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
BigDawgV8
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Another Flea-bay Question.......

Post by BigDawgV8 »

Hi All,

I have sold a lot of odds and ends (some mog stuff too) on the Bay lately and one guy has been a regular bidder and buyer.

Problem is he relies on a work-mate to collect all the bits at once. He is in Cheshire and I'm in Hertfordshire.

His last 'bid and buy' was over 2 months ago and I have heard nothing since.

Text messages to his phone and e-mails to his E-Bay account are ignored so what do I do now?

BTW - He HAS paid for all the items.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers

Martin
MMOC Nationals Custom Class Winner 2011!
1966 V8 Convertible now reborn

fussyoldfart
Minor Fan

Re: Another Flea-bay Question.......

Post by fussyoldfart »

Tell him in your next message that the parts are in a box at the curb (kerb?) in the rain and collection day is X days away :)
Fussyoldfart in Welland Ontario.

youngcamper
Minor Fan

Post by youngcamper »

At the end of the day your doing pretty well out of this, my dad once sold a Austin 7 engine on E-bay to someone in scotland , he said he'd pick it up when he went to some rally nearby but he paid for it then, what seemed like months went past but one day we go a phone call saying he was at the rally could he come and get it. In the end it all went pretty smoothly.

If I were you I would just wait for him to come and collect them, after all you have his money.

Will
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

You really do have to keep the parts till he collects. He may be off on holiday - or in hospital (or worse!) of course........ But since you have the cash - don't worry too much. But DO keep the parts in a safe dry place. :-?
ImageImage
tingo
Minor Fan

Post by tingo »

I had the same problem with a road wheel and tyre which sold for the princely sum of 99p. After three months I wrote to the buyer saying that I was going to dispose of the item a month later. I offered a refund, less eBay charges but he still didn't reply. I recommend that you contact him through the eBay "resolution centre" so that there is a good record that you have tried.
[sig]8105[/sig]
phurn
Minor Fan

Post by phurn »

*if* you stipulated in your advert that it needs to be collected within x amount of days then if i were you id resell it =]

if you didnt then i guess your kinda stuck with it.
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

I once helped a mate sell his Jag, as he was clearing out his house ready to sell it. We took the jag to mine to see if we could MOT it, but the front suspension bushes (and tool hire) would have cost hundreds.

The Jag sold on ebay but they didn't collect straight away - therefore we got them to pay for it to make sure they were serious.... 4 months later they took it off my drive :evil:
next time I'll be much less flexible!

I once bought some Merc wheels with good tyres on ebay - I paid upfront as it took me months to collect as a friend was supposed to do it for me. After about 3 months I tried to contact the seller and got no response! I really can't blame them if they resold them as it was not fair to lumber them with unpaid storage for so long, and I'd not paid too much for them - however it was a bit annoying that they'd not been in touch with deadlines. I chased them for a month but never got any reply so I just had to let it go.

As a rule of thumb - if the ebay deadline has expired and the buyer or seller can't raise a dispute, then the transaction has 'timed out'. If either party has a problem after this, ebay doesn't do anything so in some ways "anything goes". The legality is a seperate issue, and you can charge storage after an unnacceptable delay - provided you let the buyer know in advance (e.g. 7 days) and give them the opportunity to collect. When the storage cost exceeds the value of goods then it's all over.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

watch out though as buyers can only leave negative feedback :evil:
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

I think you mean only buyers can leave negative feedback.
They can leave positive feedback too you know.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"