Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kangarolf
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Front seats exchangable..?

Post by kangarolf »

Hi all,

My 2 door saloon (1968) has an adjustable passenger front seat. It has an arm on the nearside with a number of ratchett points so that you can raise the seat and bring it forward and backward somwhat.

This would be far more useful on the drivers side..is it exchangable or is it possible to get these type of seats for the drivers side...?

Thanks in advance.
Rolf
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

it sounds like someone has already swapped the seats (or just put them back in worng)
If they are moggy seats then it should only be a 5 minute job to swap them back
kangarolf
Minor Friendly

Post by kangarolf »

So that adjustable seat is meant to be on the drivers side....? The adjustment bar would then be next to the transmission duct..I guess there must be enough room if its supossed to be there.

Will give it a blast tomorrow.

cheers again
Rolf
Leyland
Minor Fan

Post by Leyland »

My friend recently bought a moggy with the same problem.
The drivers seat was on the passenger side. Providing the bolts come undone ok, it is a 5 min job.
rayofleamington

should only be a 5 minute job
yes well sometimes them 5 minute jobs can last a lifetime ;-)
Cam

Post by Cam »

I have 2 passenger seats in mine thanks to the previous owner :evil: so no adjustment at all for me! :roll:
fweddy
Minor Fan

Post by fweddy »

My ute also had its seats swapped over - I think the drivers seat gets a real hammering so they swap it for the better seat and give the passenger the sagging one. In the case of mine the drivers seat (ex passenger seat) had deteriated to a worse state than the passenger seat (ex worn out drivers seat).

Now both are recovered and will return to their correct positions as soon as I finish fitting the carpets.
[img]http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/65427/Sig.jpg[/img]
kangarolf
Minor Friendly

Post by kangarolf »

All swapped over now. Both seats seem to be in a fairly similar way. My sister has recently completed a furniture restoration course and they did a lot of 'seat stuffing' might see if see can put some extra stuff in them.

Cheers
Rolf
rayofleamington

might see if see can put some extra stuff in them
if you replace the seat straps (webbing) underneath then that is normally a huge improvement. The straps are not terribly expensive and it's not complicated (but is rather awkward and painfull on the fingers to stretc the straps enough to clip them in)
Additional stuffing plus new straps gives a bit of an overstuffed feel but can be worth doing if you are over 16 stone..
salty_monk
Minor Fan

Post by salty_monk »

Straps are about £8 per seat from Bull Motif. I also put some new foam in with a layer of harder stuff against the straps to stop them cutting through the foam. (You can do this without removing the cover from the bottom with the seat removed).
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/salty_monk/Junk/Sig.jpg[/img][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/salty_monk/Suzuki/thIMGP0432.jpg[/img]