Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sidecar
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Returning member with a question

Post by sidecar »

Have just returned to the club after a gap of very many years. I purchased a two door. green saloon of 1964 vintage, last autumn it seems to be in very sound condition ; fingers crossed.
My question is this, Back in the distant past I used to be a GPO telephone engineer and drive a Minor van all the time. We all had trouble with leaving the indicator on, they do not always reset and the little green light is not very visible. And I now have the same problem with my new car.

I am thinking of rigging up a buzzer warning, linked to the indicator, has anyone done this, or has anyone any suggestions.

thanks Denis.
LouiseM

Re: Returning member with a question

Post by LouiseM »

Welcome back!

The indicator should be self cancelling and works via a ‘peg’ in the steering column. Details of how to fix the problem are here: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... indicators

My indicators haven’t self cancelled since I got the car 6 years ago - I just turn them off manually :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

You should hear the indicator unit ticking anyway - but being a GPO engineer - I'm sure you won't have any problems adding a buzzer - or a bell!
ImageImage
phurn
Minor Fan

Post by phurn »

My indicators aren't even on the column! I have a 3 position switch on the dashboard... you get used to it pretty quickly tbh, though I do want to reinstate the stalk....
Neil MG
Minor Legend

Post by Neil MG »

You can get a self cancelling three position switch like on the MGA. You can adjust the length of time to cancel too.
1956 Morris Minor Series II
1959 MGA 1600 Roadster
1966 Jaguar Mk2 3.8 MOD
pyebibby
Minor Fan

Post by pyebibby »

Mine dont self cancell! :O omg! i will be looking into this right away. I think my old man has added a very bright orange flashing light too flash when the indicator is on! i am going too have a look at fixing that self cancelling!

18 year old Morris Driver