Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MarkyB
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: Spotted today.

Post by MarkyB »

A bit off topic, OK very off topic, here are a couple of things I saw today that made an impression;[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

The first I thought was a squashed football, it's that big! More purple and less pink than it looks in that picture.

The second one looked a bit like a deformed hand reaching out from the ground :o Both had quite thick stems, about half the cross section of my wrist.

Any mycologists around?

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
morrisminorbzh
Minor Fan

Post by morrisminorbzh »

Kaki green ex-military LHD Traveller in garage in Rennes, France for break repairs - local number - the garage owner told me that its been over here "a couple of years" As garage was closing today for summer holidays so wasn't able to get more info - will return in September.
attibrutal

Post by attibrutal »

Saw a very cute white one going towards Rochdale from Bury on Thursday at around 7ish, i believe the reg HYK399C, I was two cars back not in Fang seriously annoying the girl driving me.
Today I also saw a little blue one near Rufford Hall somewhere near Southport, I tried to wave but sadly I wasn't in Fang again
Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

Saw three in south Norfolk today (2nd Aug)! First was a light blue saloon near Mulbarton, the second was a black saloon travelling north on the A140 near Swainsthorpe and this evening I saw a dark blue Traveller heading towards Pulham Market.

digger64
Minor Friendly

Post by digger64 »

saw a old english white? pickup on road from fakenham to norwich - waves exchanged
DaisyMayFozz
Minor Fan

Post by DaisyMayFozz »

Lovely OEW convertible, Kingswood retail park, just out side of sports direct.com, near hull.

KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

dark blue broken down on my way home from work from Tamworth to Halesowen. I stopped, and didn't even introduce myself. Pffff!!!!! :roll:
morris van
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by morris van »

I saw four saloons today a white one near Hemel Hempstead when I was in my van,a white one and a pale blue one in Wendover woods and a white one in Wendover.The white one that was in Wendover High Street might be the same as the one I saw in the woods as it was just leaving when I got there.
HarryMango
Minor Addict

Post by HarryMango »

I went to the Gloucestershire Steam Extravaganza at South Cerney yesterday - there were about 10 Minors there including a very nice 1957 Sage Green 4 door that was being raffled off by the "Friends of Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum"
BigDawgV8
Minor Fan

Post by BigDawgV8 »

White 2-door saloon parked up on Southwold sea-front yesterday - may belong to a shop worker?

White 'C' reg.Traveller in Southwold High Street this morning. Missing it's rear bumper, 'original' paint.

Plus, a few days ago parked at the Southwold Harbour.
A white convertible in good condition. Apparently looked standard (not seen or heard by me) but had twin tail-pipes. Also had 'Sport' stickers by the bonnet scripts and on the boot. I would love to know more...............

Anyone on here?
MMOC Nationals Custom Class Winner 2011!
1966 V8 Convertible now reborn

morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

I saw a maroon Traveller near Boxmoor. The car was a bit rough.
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

Cream van nearish belvoir. Waves were exchanged :)
___Anne___

Dryad
Minor Addict

Post by Dryad »

BigDawgV8 wrote:White 2-door saloon parked up on Southwold sea-front yesterday - may belong to a shop worker?

Anyone on here?
Damn! I was parked on Southwold seafront, but on Friday afternoon! Thought I'd been spotted there for a moment! :roll:

Matt Tomkins
Minor Addict
Location: Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, Bucks or Oxford during term time

Post by Matt Tomkins »

morris van wrote:I saw four saloons today a white one near Hemel Hempstead when I was in my van,a white one and a pale blue one in Wendover woods and a white one in Wendover.The white one that was in Wendover High Street might be the same as the one I saw in the woods as it was just leaving when I got there.

hi, the smoke grey one was mine!!! -- finally been spotted! :D :D :D
i work in the cafe in the woods.

the white one belongs to paul, pao7psb. He came into the cafe on Saturday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46862234@N ... 671969048/
http://www.facebook.com/matttomkins

Misty, Morris Minor 2-door, 1970,
fully restored with the help of various of the young members to whom i am forever grateful. http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43571
Also Mavis, 1960 Factory Tourer, and a '69 Traveller project: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53487

Join the young owners at: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/gr ... [sig]11392[/sig]
pao7psb
Minor Fan

Post by pao7psb »

Yes it was probably me in the Woods and in Wendover, I took my daughter for drive up to the woods and then popped into Wendover for a bottle of wine :-)
[sig]9354[/sig]
Sometimes it is better to obtain forgiveness rather than permission...
Snowdrop - 1967 4 Door Saloon
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

I saw Phipps today ;)

I also saw a traveller in Halesowen today, going up Furnace Lane, zipped round the roundabout to see if I could catch up, but alas, was too slow! Could have been smoke grey. Drove round loking for it this aternoon because I had nothing better to do on my way back from the doctors!
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

Spotted a white saloon parked up in a side street today while driving down Derby road, Stapleford. I didn't get a good look at it as I was too busy trying to negotiate the horendous speed bumps.

I also saw a (frilford?) grey 2-door (1959 I assume) parked at the side of Afreton road around Hyson green, Nottingham. reg 1109 CD and had a dent in the rear wing. Looked like it was still just using the trafficators too.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

mach2
Minor Fan

Post by mach2 »

saw a brown van today in Bushey. it had the Flower shop written on the side.

if in doubt give it a clout!
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I just saw an almond green saloon MVV 335H, parked on a driveway down my street in kingsthorpe Nothampton. It's a Northampton registration so it probably means it hasn't had many previous owners.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

A maroon lowlight travelling southbound M5 just past junction 4A and 9-9:30 this morning also a nice grey traveller at the garden nursery by Bassetts Pole this afternoon. :D
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535