White 1000 Traveller - FYY 809J

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
brucek
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: White 1000 Traveller - FYY 809J

Post by brucek »

Sadly not :cry: the trail has gone cold for now. The car is still listed as unlicenced with the DVLA - it should have been re-taxed or re-SORNed at the end of October.

I must admit, having put info on the forum and in Minor Matters, I was quite sure that something would turn up but, to date, it has not.

I keep looking on the usual for sale sites in case it's listed but again, nothing so far. As with all worthwhile quests, this looks like it's going to be a long one!

Thanks for the question and bringing it back to prominence on the Forum. :D

Bruce

brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

A few new faces on here since I last posted on this - never know - someone may know where the old girl is hiding - if you do, please get in touch :wink:

Have a hunch it's still in the East Mids (Notts/derbys perhaps) but have no info to prove/disprove that! Not sure you can use E-bay to search for a car but it would certainly reach a wider audience I guess. Still keeping my fingers crossed (although they are starting to hurt a bit now :lol: )

green123
Minor Fan

Post by green123 »

i spotted today a white traveller with no wood on it stored in a gargrge near me its called copes garage in long eaton derbyshire i dont know if its you as its got no reg plates but its white .and if you say it was in notts or derby this could be it cheers
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Thanks for that - I'll have a look and see if I can find some contact details on the web. If you get a chance to pop in and ask that would be great too! Fingers crossed, you never know.... :D

green123
Minor Fan

Post by green123 »

yes if i get chance i will ask him its copes gargage,wellington street ,long eaton,derbyshire he has just moved it,its been in there for a few years now so it could be yours fungers crossed
fyy809jhelper

Post by fyy809jhelper »

Dear Brucek,

I've just been sat at home with my brother reminiscing about our childhood. We googled the reg and found the forum. We had the Traveller as one of our two family cars from roughly 87/88 up until 1996. It was lovingly cared for during that entire time. I'm guessing my dad bought it from you originally. His name was Nick Keeler. My parents got divorced in 96 and my dad took the car, and sold it on soon after. Unfortunately he passed away a few years later. I don't know any of the details of the person who bought it. There is a small chance my mum might now some details, but I wouldn't hold your breath. We lived in Newark that entire time, so it was probably bought by someone in the East Midlands? I'll find out in the morning for you, if there is any more information.

Best of luck
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Wow - that's fantastic news - thanks very much for posting. Yes I did sell the car to your dad Nick (sorry to hear he passed away) - as I recall you lived on Balderton Gate didn't you? If you do have any further info please do get in touch. What a New Year that could be if I could find out where the old girl is now :lol: will keep my fingers crossed :wink:

fyy809jhelper

Post by fyy809jhelper »

Dear Brucek,

I'm really sorry, but my mum didn't really have any additional information about who it was sold on to. We never saw it in Newark again after it was sold. I was taken to school every day in that car for eight years. We had the car lovingly restored in ~91. We kept it in great condition until it was sold in 97.

The guy who restored it was called Brendan we think in a village near Lincoln. I've attached a couple of photos from '95. The fact that it was in such good condition I hope means it has similarly been cared for and ended up in someone's collection? If you ever find out where the care is we'd be really interested to hear what happened to it.

Sorry I can't be any more help.
Best of luck!!
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Thanks for the info and for posting the photo's - the car looked great. I'm hoping that she is still around - it was always in such good condition that it would be a shame if it isn't. If I find any more info, I'll post it here. :lol:

brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Just re-igniting an old thread as I continue the search for my first car - a Snowberry White 1971 Traveller FYY 809J. There are a few new faces on here since I last posted on this so maybe someone has some info which would help me to locate the old girl? Any info would be very gratefully received. Thanks everyone for your patience :-)

alexandermclaren
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by alexandermclaren »

Any luck

brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Nothing as yet sadly :-( I'm still hoping that one day it will show up. I just feel it's sat in a garage somewhere waiting.... :-)
Not sure what other 'lines of enquiry' I can legally pursue so will just have to be patient I guess. Thanks for asking though :-)

busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

This vehicle still shows on the Tfl congestion charges list. See

https://congestioncharging.tfl.gov.uk/b ... ails.faces

Probably info is taken from DVLA but at least FYY 809J is still considered a current vehicle as of today.
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Thanks busguy

As far as I know, the cars last registration (SORN-according to the DVLA website) expired in October 2011. I was the second owner and the family I sold it to have also posted on here with some additional pics. I think there are probably two or three owners in the chain who exist between me and the folks who have the car now. I felt sure that someone would recognise the plate but sadly nothing has come up yet.

Have tried asking DVLA to pass on info to the current owners but they are unwilling to do that so will have to be patient until it 'reappears' at some stage in the future. :-)

Thanks for the link though :-)

brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Well, no harm in giving this a bump - my search for my first car goes on - do any of the new folks on here know where FYY 809J is? It's been off the road now since 2011 but would love to know where it is! Any help or clues gratefully welcomed - Fingers crossed (again) :-)

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

When/Where did you last see it?

Have a go at contacting the local paper that covers the area the car was last seen.

Not on SORN since 2011, worrying?!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Years ago Chris :-( Have tried all of the usual methods of trying to track it down but all to no avail. It's a long shot I know but you never know, someone may havbe some info :-)

busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Always the chance the car has been exported, (to Europe?) and the owner had been keeping DVLA up to date until that last date of liability shown.
Not sure how many Minor clubs there are over in France/Belgium/Germany etc. but you never know, it might be lurking over there.
Have you tried all the UK clubs?
Last edited by busguy on Tue May 20, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

I posted a piece in Minor Matters a while ago and asked the club to forward some info if the owner was a member but that brought no news. have tried the DVLA search route but they would not forward anything on to the current/last registered owner. Not sure what else to try really but will keep going :-)

brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Just re-posting this from a while ago on the basis that new members will have joined the Forum since I last posted it. If anyone knows where FYY 809J is I'd love to hear from you :-) Thanks all