Traveller wood kits.

Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
neilrmol
MMOC Member: No

Traveller wood kits.

Post by neilrmol »

As traveller wood kits are an expensive item where can I locate a list of suppliers to compare prices,also any information on how comprehesive diferent wood kits are and the quality I can expect.
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Traveller wood kits.

Post by simmitc »

The two well known suppliers are Steve Foreman and Traveller Timbers, both producing the wood. Most parts traders will be selling one of those. There are some other cheap bits sold by some traders. I would say only that you get what you pay for; and I have never had to send back anything from SF or TT. To compare prices, just look at their respective web sites, or stockists such as ESM - or phone round. If you're not desperate, then it might be worth seeing who is displaying what at the rally in June. You could assess quality vs price and do a deal.

It's worth buying ready assembled sides and doors. Make sure that you specify if you need the "ladder rack" at the back, and the top or roof rails. Work hard, and you'll be ready for the Traveller at 60 event in September :D
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

One observation I have made. Traveller Timbers seem to have based their "design" for the wood on a 60/62 (slightly curved under side windows and rear doors), whilst Foremans is based on the post '64 model - wood straight and slightly thicker . The profile of the waistrail and the rear doors differs. As my Traveller is a 62 I chose to go to TT. Both firms offer excellent service. Whilst you are fitting if you have a problem you can ring them up for help and get it! I believe TT don't charge VAT(might have changed) whereas Foremans do which makes a financial difference.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
neilrmol

Post by neilrmol »

Thanks for information regarding traveller wood kits.I am attending the show in June and have decided to wait until then before perchasing a wood kit,thanks for replies and advise on suppliers neilrmol. :)
travellover

Post by travellover »

Hello there simmitc, good evening!
could you please let me know when and where this rally will take place? As I am a newbie, still settling with these events! I am looking for a wood kit complete frame for my traveler.
Thanks a lot and god bless!
Francis
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The rally is the Morris Centenary international event combined with the MMOC national rally. It's being held at Cornbury Park, Oxford on 15th/16th June. Details are shown on the home page and the rally programme is here: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50595

Eric - 1971 Traveller