Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Pilkie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Parts values?

Post by Pilkie »

Hi all.
I am on the look out for a nice set of seats,trim panels etc for a traveller,in black,blue,grey,or red,maybe 2 tone.
What would a fair price be for a V nice set of front seats,rear seats,door and int panels and carpets for a traveller?
A mate has informed me of a G reg traveller not far from me in a scrappie,recently brought in due to terminal rust/rot,but the interior is apparently surprisingly good,and may have been renewed in the cars past,or possibly a rare excellent original.
It has been off the road for 10yrs and kept garaged,dont know the cars mileage yet,gotta get over there PDQ!
If I do decide to do a full on restoration on my car,after its MOT'd and on the road,I may well get all new from Newton commercial anyway,but for the time being a good s/h set is on my shopping list.
Obviously I would like to get it as cheap as poss,but also I dont want to pay way over its value,as I have no idea!
Your opinions gratefully accepted!
Cheers.
PS
I know some of you may say that its worth what you are willing to pay,or the seller is willing to accept!!
Or its difficult to say without looking at it!!
But thats not saying what YOU think its worth based on your experience!
Classic cars rule!! No moderns live here!!
So far 37yrs using,buying,selling,repairing,restoring classic cars,and still learning!.
My daily driver since 1999 is my
1971 Rover P6V8,rostyles,webasto,leather.
Fun in the sun 1970 Triumph TR6pi UK car. I restored it in 2008.
1968 S1 Rover P6 V8,2 owner 40k miles,super solid,never welded,rostyles,MINT!
Just done a 19 panel off repaint in original arden green!

DaisyMayFozz
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Parts values?

Post by DaisyMayFozz »

For a full interior my experience is at least £100, and generally they had defects (Usually the odd tear, grubby carpets etc). I have never seen a decent interior complete come up for sale. Usually decent sets of seats come up, and they can fetch £100 alone. If I was you I would buy bits up as they come up, and get a new carpet set, usually the used ones are missing bits or rather grubby.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but it should give you an idea and thats my experiences

(Repeated on the other side)