Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
gtt1951
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Spotted today.

Post by gtt1951 »

Actually spotted yesterday, but was too tired to post the images up. After returning from Linconshire with my latest purchase, and after dropping off the self-drive transporter, I spotted the following on the way home
Black Traveller heading towards Horsham at about 5 o'clock (picture taken from car video cam)[frame]Image[/frame]
Next, on the B3000, through Puttenham at 17:35 - a Dove Grey and white bits Traveller, heading away from the A31[frame]Image[/frame]
Anyone on this messageboard?
And finally, spotted on my driveway (via the cam cam, so not a good shot), a Series MM Hi-light[frame]Image[/frame]
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

Spotted blue LCV on Hawley Road, heading towards Farnborough Rd (A325) on way home yesterday evening - cropped still from Car Cam below (didn't have time to swivel lens around as busy rubbing my eye!).[frame]Image[/frame]
Not seen this one before - anyone from MMOC?
Tapitha
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Tapitha »

On Wednesday 17th just before 1.30pm I spotted a nice G Reg Trafalgar blue saloon heading out of Ipswich towards Woodbridge. No point in waving as I was in my Ford Focus going the other way!
Mike
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

that old trout, the ex!

I made the best decision years ago to trade her in for a younger, better looking model!
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

Ampwhu, which post are you referring to?

Another one spotted on my way back from my Friday shop at the giant Tesco Extra in Sandhurst.
A very tidy Dove Grey 2-door crossing the Fernhill Rd juntion on the Hawley Lane at 19:18[frame]Image[/frame]going at quite a respectable pace (must be a 1098 at least) - anyone on this site?
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Anyone here with a C reg saloon with minilites or similar, doing about 65mph on the A1 just north of Newark around 11:00 last night (19th July)? If so can I apologise for flashing him back into lane when in fact he had spotted before me that there were roadworks ahead closing off the inside lane. My excuse is that I had been driving ten hours back from France (not in my Traveller) and I wasn't being impatient, just overexcited at seeing a Mog going so well. Really good headlights and rear lights by the way...

Mark
Tapitha
Minor Fan

Post by Tapitha »

A very beautiful Pick-up parked next to me at The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway in Suffolk today. Later a grey early grill split screen saloon parked the other side of my MGB GT.
The Pick up was once in very poor condition but has been rebuilt twice. The owners have had it for over 30 years and mileage is in excess of 300,000 miles!
Mike[frame]Image[/frame]
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Saw a very nice sage green saloon on the M25 near St Albans this morning and a lovely bright red convertible with tan hood and black wire/alloy wheels in Hanbury, Worcs this afternoon. Driver was wearing a natty panama hat :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
chrisryder
Minor Legend

Post by chrisryder »

LouiseM wrote:Saw a very nice sage green saloon on the M25 near St Albans this morning and a lovely bright red convertible with tan hood and black wire/alloy wheels in Hanbury, Worcs this afternoon. Driver was wearing a natty panama hat :D
I don't know of the red one you speak, but it sounds a lot like another minor that used to frequent local shows. It was a black convertible with tan hood and silver wire wheels. Been off the scene for a while. I wonder if it's had a makeover in a new colour scheme!
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I suppose it could be the same car. I only got a glimpse of it but it looked to me like it had black wire wheels with whitewall tyres although others I were with thought that they looked like black & silver alloys.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Tapitha
Minor Fan

Post by Tapitha »

There was a nicely modified E Reg 2 door at Easton Farm Park in Suffolk today. Marina wheels, disc brakes, 5 speed gearbox, high ratio differential and Metro seats. Very good body with no rust.
Mike[frame]Image[/frame]
mach2
Minor Fan

Post by mach2 »

saw a saloon on its side today has some surgery on a driveway in harrow, it was a very nice silver colour 8)

if in doubt give it a clout!
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Sounds like it was this one in the restoration forum: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51302

Eric - 1971 Traveller
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

Spotted this morning whilst taking a detour on way to work to buy a Clutch relay kit from Moss Europe, in Hanworth, a 1960 Black Traveller, clap-hands wipers, but one-piece screen, most likely still with original 948cc engine. Had a quick chat with the elderly driver, who was also there to buy spares.[frame]Image[/frame]
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I attended a wedding in Thaxted, Essex yesterday, I parked on the street round the corner from the church and just happened to park opposite G-reg traveller on a driveway, had to take a photo :P[frame]Image[/frame]
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

There was a blue saloon on the A41 bypass going towards Aylesbury this morning.

gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

Spotted Saturday afternoon, about 17:20 in the village of Compton (near A3), an Old English White Taveller, done up as a Wedding Car, outside a Pub that was obviously hosting a Reception - sadly, no pictures as my CarCam mount had fallen apart.
However, today at about 12:30, spotted on the Hawley Rd, going from Farnborough Rd to Chapel Lane, an Almond Green 4-dr saloon, driven by a young lady. Have seen this car twice before, but never waved etc., as wasn't in a Moggy at the time.[frame]Image[/frame]
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

There was a Traveller parked in Berkhamsted this morning.

MrDodo
Minor Friendly

Post by MrDodo »

A bit late but spotted on Saturday 3rd on the A23 London just before midday in close succession - first a late 60s white saloon turning out of Vassell Road onto Brixton Road, then a mile further south a black late Series II saloon driving north just next to Lambeth Town hall. Mad waving by all on both occasions :D (I was in Dodo with the roof down)
'61Morris
Minor Friendly

Post by '61Morris »

Saw a very tidy looking Almond Green two door saloon driving down Esher High St this morning. Lady driver, exchanged waves.
[sig]9257[/sig]
Bluebell - 1961 Clipper Blue 948cc genuine Tourer.