Cream Traveller HUY188K Stolen, Lancs

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Evadne Morris
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Cream Traveller HUY188K Stolen, Lancs

Post by Evadne Morris »

HUY188K Stolen today, Leigh, near Wigan. Taken around lunchtime from Spinning Gate Shopping Centre car park, near Shopmobility Office. Cream Traveller with honey colour wood, black seats, tan door linings, black carpets, green lense on indicator arm is broken. 64,000 ish on clock, a dent on the driver side rear wheel arch and a 1 inch green mark on the roof over the rear doors. Some lumpy filler type gunk on the rain gutter over passenger door. I am disabled, my blue badge was in the car when taken from a disabled parking bay. I am lost without this car, have spent time and money making and keeping it in good order. Any information please.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Re: Cream Traveller HUY188K Stolen, Lancs

Post by dalebrignall »

sorry to here your car has been stolen there are some horrid people out there ,there seems to be a spate of this as values of classics are going up everyone will be keeping a look out
[sig]5641[/sig]
Coalmossian
Minor Fan

Post by Coalmossian »

So, assuming that these unscrupulous, disgusting lowlifes ( tempted to call them pieces of s***e but that actually has purpose as a fertiliser, unlike these scumbags!), could read, or at least look at the picture, they knew they were stealing a car from someone disabled. Hope that if the get jailed they share a cell with someone REALLY unpleasant!
Really hope that this car is quickly found and returned to you in "as stolen" condition.
Please keep us informed.
Some people just don't deserve to exist!
No doubt some do-gooder psychiatrist or whatever will endeavour to make excuses for them. Sod the victim, feel sorry for the perpetrator!
Evadne Morris
Minor Friendly

Post by Evadne Morris »

ve just found a pic showing a couple of distinctive marks.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lancashire/8054795133/
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

I don't know how you feel about it.... but "publicity " might re-unite you with your traveller.

A local paper, given the circumstances, would probably jump at the chance to do an article.They say the papers are always desperate for news during the school holidays, when not much happens.
Their readers would remember the story and it might jog their memory, when they see a traveller go by.It could help the police recover your vehicle.
I do wish you luck.
Bob
Evadne Morris
Minor Friendly

Post by Evadne Morris »

Thank you Bob, I will try that. I have already contacted local radio, all Morris web pages and Facebook groups, Old British Cars group, Piston Heads, Triumph Herals group (hubby has one), plus all the local taxi firms. The info has now been shared across the UK thanks tio networks. Do historic cars get stolen often now? It has been mentioned elsewhere.
Janet
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

Janet
Unfortunately they do get stolen more often now.Modern cars are more difficult to steal.I'm afraid the low life always look for the easy life whilst decent folk pick up the tab.
A photo with the article would be invaluable.
It looks as though you, and a few locals are " on their case " !!
Bob
Evadne Morris
Minor Friendly

Post by Evadne Morris »

Good news. Police phoned, my car has been recovered in Gorton, Manchester. There is some damage but drivable. I have not been able to speak to recovery firm yet but hope to be able to pick the car up today. Thank you all for your support. :D
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

Fantastic news!!!

I hope the damage is not too severe.

Taupe
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

great news.. i hope there is not to much damage to the car..
its sad it happened in the first place..
now all that's needed is that the ****holes are caught :evil:
Evadne Morris
Minor Friendly

Post by Evadne Morris »

Had another chat with the police, the garage holding the car cannot release it until forensics have been over it, probably tomorrow. More about the way it was found has come to light, worth remembering if anyone else goes through a similar thing. I had messages from 2 different people via Facebook, both reporting the car on Harpurhey Road in Manchester. Those people were looking out for the car as a result of the info being shared through a huge network on Facebook.
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

fantastisc news glad they have found your car sorry to hear its damaged but that can be fixed thankfully i hope they caught the s**m that stole it
[sig]5641[/sig]
margriff
Minor Fan

Post by margriff »

Reading this thread with interest and became shocked but not too surprised to read where your car had been found.

I was brought/dragged up in Gorton. I'm amazed its not be stripped to the chassis.

Glad to read it's found anyway. Hope you get it back to its former appearance soon :)
Sir Hugo Reginald Von Bartesby - "Burble and Squeak"
horologiumwatches
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by horologiumwatches »

Congratulations on getting your moggie back, I do hope the damage is not too bad. Its interesting to hear that Facebook helped to find it, helps one regain a little faith in society. All the best,
Tommy.
1951 Series MM Lowlight
1954 Series II Four Door De Lux 'The Bomb'
Evadne Morris
Minor Friendly

Post by Evadne Morris »

Thank Tommy. I have not got the car back yet, spoke to the garage today and Evadne is quarantined waiting for forensics. The way things are moving it will be Saturday when I get her back. I am going to have to claim on insurance as recovery alone is £150 then repairs and anything which may be missing from inside. The usual Morris paraphenalia can mount up, Tool kit (Swiss army knife) Manual (Ladybird book of the car, 1965 edition), Satnav (little compas in a brass case) Lumbar support (cushion) winter kit (knitted squares granny blanket), mascot (plush and velvet Bat), Blue Badge and support stand (Mini-Me 1:72 scale Traveller in a clear box blu-tacked to the dash) UV filters (sunglasses) surveilence equipment (binocs) and a small emergency pack of Werthers all adds up to a tidy few shillings if lost.
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

That's top quality paraphernalia, hope none of it is missing.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

Evadne Morris wrote:Thank Tommy. I have not got the car back yet, spoke to the garage today and Evadne is quarantined waiting for forensics. The way things are moving it will be Saturday when I get her back. I am going to have to claim on insurance as recovery alone is £150 then repairs and anything which may be missing from inside. The usual Morris paraphenalia can mount up, Tool kit (Swiss army knife) Manual (Ladybird book of the car, 1965 edition), Satnav (little compas in a brass case) Lumbar support (cushion) winter kit (knitted squares granny blanket), mascot (plush and velvet Bat), Blue Badge and support stand (Mini-Me 1:72 scale Traveller in a clear box blu-tacked to the dash) UV filters (sunglasses) surveilence equipment (binocs) and a small emergency pack of Werthers all adds up to a tidy few shillings if lost.
glad to see you have'nt lost your sense of humor :lol:
good luck with your car :wink:
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Glad you got it Back :D Gorton not a very nice place :(
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

Pleased to hear that your car has been returned.( I was up in Lancashire for a family Christening at the weekend but didn't venture Manchester way. ).
Bob
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

How about substituting our forces in Afganistan with Jeremy Kyle knuckledraggers?

A division of obese,tattooed & dentally challenged old slappers would sort out the Taliban!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!