2 door stolen and set alight - Sheffield

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!
MMOC Member: No

2 door stolen and set alight - Sheffield

Post by chesney »

While it may not be my place to say, a member has had his 2 door broken into, stolen and found by police burnt out in Sheffield area. I only mention as a reminder to anyone who uses their car daily and keeps it on public view (something I too am 'guilty' of) to take every precaution possible, there are people out there that will steal these cars by impulse or otherwise.
Therefore, any deterrent (preferably visible) would be paramount as it may just save your car.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Re: 2 door stolen and set alight - Sheffield

Post by lambrettalad »

:evil: *************** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Thanks for leting us know, lets hope they catch the scum and sorry for the owner.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
moggiethouable
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by moggiethouable »

Barstewards.
DISKLOK!
I know someone is going to say that wont stop them setting light to it.
But it stops em nickin it and takin it somewhere where they will ignite it.
http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/products.html
Where angels fear to tread
jollyroger
Minor Fan

Post by jollyroger »

What size fits a Minor steering wheel?
Thanks
[img][/img]
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

jollyroger wrote:What size fits a Minor steering wheel?
It is the biggest one, for if I remember correctly my standard Morris Minor steering wheel is 42cm.

themightylionel
Minor Fan

Post by themightylionel »

I don't see the point in stealing a car just to set it alight, what is the point in stealing someones pride and joy? You get nothing out of it. Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives, hope the police catch the idiot(s) !!! :evil:

Lionel and I, my 1965 2 door :)
jollyroger
Minor Fan

Post by jollyroger »

Thanks for letting me know the size.

:D
[img][/img]
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

themightylionel wrote:I don't see the point in stealing a car just to set it alight, what is the point in stealing someones pride and joy? You get nothing out of it. Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives, hope the police catch the idiot(s) !!! :evil:
While I can't possibly recreate the motivation to do such a thing, I suspect once they've made off with a Minor it dawns on them that they stick out like a saw thumb to the authorities, so sadly take it upon themselves to set them alight so as to reduce whatever evidence there is.
Or it may purely be for 'pleasure', they aren't like you or I, I suspect we'll never understand why individuals are prepared to commit such atrocious acts...
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

:evil: *************** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed!

Personally I think those who do this (for pleasure???) deserve nothing less than to be beaten to a pulp, I don't care if that upsets the 'PC wringing hands' brigade, it's what they deserve! You won't do any lasting damage as they don't have a brain to start with!
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

We used to hang, even "children" for theft in the UK (going back a bit, I do admit). Unfortunately, the Do-Gooders of the late 60's have made a mess of our society - Corporal Punishment in Schools has been removed, the "birching" punishment that used to be available to local Constabularies has gone (this, I think was an EU load of old rubbish), Parent are not allowed to discipline their children, so the scum of today know, that in our "PC" society, that they can get away with anything ("but Mi Lord, he/she came from a broken/dysfunctional home ...").
Why do you think that murder is on the increase? 'Cause they know they will not be executed and will be set free after a couple of years! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Maybe selective "Sharia Law" should be introduced - theft warrants right hand amputation on a first offence! More amputations, on subsequent offences, follow.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
ajay
Minor Friendly

Post by ajay »

In one of the Mad Max movies the chap who killed his friend was chained to a car that was set to catch fire in about 5 minutes with his only chance of escape being the meat saw he left so he could cut his hand off. He got fried.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

ajay wrote:In one of the Mad Max movies the chap who killed his friend was chained to a car that was set to catch fire in about 5 minutes with his only chance of escape being the meat saw he left so he could cut his hand off. He got fried.
I thought it was the guy's leg?

Anyway, you only have to watch "Road Wars" or similar to see the pathetic punishment the Police dish out to these youngsters - wonder if Saudi Arabia has a similar problem with Joyriders and car crime?!

51 mph = £100 fine & 3 penalty points, 50 mph whilst setting a sat nav and having a conversation on a mobile phone = nothing

ALL wrong!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
rockabillygilly
Minor Friendly

Post by rockabillygilly »

Hi the car in question was mine the little S**** where seen dumping the car so the witness rang the police and reported it as dumped 2 hours later they where phoned again to be told the youths had come back and set it on fire i will upload pictures of my moggie as it sat in the same location for 48hrs before being recovered by rotherham police. Who now have a complaint in against them...... :evil:

rockabillygilly
Minor Friendly

aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

scum bags
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

How far gone is it? Anything salvageable?

gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

Rockabilly,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't think that there is ANY excuse for any Constabulary to ignore a "dumped car" report when it concerns a "collectable" or "classic" as these incidents can only be the result of a theft! Why are they still collecting "precepts" from Council Taxes when "they" obviously are not performing their primary function of "protecting the tax-paying public"?
Should the complaint also be copied to the press "national and gutter" to elicit more coverage? Just lately, various Constabularies have been shown to be grossly under performing, corrupt and virtually useless - some refusing to apologise even when found in comtempt of Parliament!!!
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

jollyroger wrote:Thanks for letting me know the size.

:D
Sorry I didnt reply, I get here fairly irregularly these days, it is indeed 42cm for a standard mog wheel, they fit nicely in the boot when you are driving, but dont ever be tempted to leave it in the boot when parked, being cumbersome is part of their appeal.
Where angels fear to tread
rockabillygilly
Minor Friendly

Thanks for the replys as for anything to be salvaged doubt it as my insurance company say they have no buy back. which would only cost me loads in the long run to put it back on the road.