WDD 432 - can anyone help me find her?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
harry_matt
MMOC Member: No

WDD 432 - can anyone help me find her?

Post by harry_matt »

Hi,

I sold my beautiful Morris 1000 in April 1999 as I had moved overseas. It was the saddest day of my life and I now wonder if anyone knows if she is still around. She was well known in the Cambridge area making our daily trips to and from work.

Dilys is a black, 1958 two-door model with red leatherette trim. She had a recon 1098 upgraded engine and covered trafficators.

She was sold by my friend when I left Cambridge but she was sold to a couple who lived in the East Anglia area.

Her reg of WDD 432 should be a help but I would probably have her VIN somewhere.

Can anyone tell me any news of her?

Harriet
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Well according to the RAC website that registration is now on a Toyota Celica....................
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

I remember driving Dilys once upon a time. But then you alreay knew that!

Jon Rocke
Web Editor

Jon Rocke
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Re: WDD 432 - can anyone help me find her?

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

I can provide some interesting information on this car and I am also trying to find it with the view to buying it back and doing a convertible conversion.

I was also the keeper of this car around 2005, I purchased it off an old guy in Cambridge, he took me on a test drive with his oxygen bottle on the back seat and drove it like a nutter. I had it 2 years, someone in Rotherham bought it off me. I have contacted him but he didn't keep details of who he sold it to but he did tell me he saw it in Tadcaster (Leeds) and it had been resprayed - I do hope it's still black, the DVLA computer says it is.

When I owned it I painted the grill and wheels black so it looked more 1950's and I fitted red metro front seat belts to match the unmarked interior. Ian Mackensie (Iainintedbury on the forum) repaired all the inner front wings for me and I had to put new pattern exterior wings on the front. If I remember, the trafficators worked when I had it (I think).

Unfortunately, I couldn't sell the car and the only enquiries I got were from people wanting the plate. Therefore, I sold the plate myself by doing a google search on WDD. Warwick Dipple Design purchased the plate for his wifes MR2, she has obviously now swapped for a Celica. He had a very similar number on his own car. It is now registered as 518 UXH. It has been sorn for the last 5 years so somebody has it somewhere and it is being looked after. Lets hope is not outside rotting.

I wrote to the DVLA but they refused to pass a letter to the current keeper and told me to fill a form in and pay £5.This is what I am currently doing as I too would like to buy the car back.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

If you go down the conversion route I can give you the fitting CD that came with my kit.Just let me know if you do it.
Mick
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Cheers for the offer Mick, that would be great, I've had a quote of Iain which seemed fine. It's an option I'm thinking about because I can't afford a Traveller ! A Black convertible with red interior and hood is also a nice car so getting my old car back is always worth trying.
Anyway, I've just scanned my photos from 2004, the last one was when I got my first Digital camera ! enjoy and I hope the pics bring back happy memories.

This was as I got it - WDD 432[frame]Image[/frame]
A few pictures of when I had it, lovely red interior, twin glovebox dash (my fav) and bango wheel.[frame]Image[/frame]
It never needed the sills doing when I had it, I just took the cover off to see the condition, they were mint.

Driving around the Dambusters proving grounds, Strines Inn with my neighbour on his Blackbird[frame]Image[/frame]
And this is when I sold it, paint was starting to look worn but still nice - 518 UXH[frame]Image[/frame]

So fingers crossed, we may find it, it obviously has fond memories for a few people in the club.
Last edited by The Issigonis Kid on Fri May 23, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Those photos bring back very happy memories. Dilys was owned by my Sister Harry before she emigrated to Australia in 1999. Jon (bpr81a) drove and looked after her for a while before she was sold. :D

Hope we can find her.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Well its been SORN again this year, so it still survives. Someones looking after it either in a garage or driveway somewhere. It'll appear on ebay one day as its nolonger known to the club.