Anyone used to own OOV 38G ??

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mosscops
MMOC Member: No

Anyone used to own OOV 38G ??

Post by Mosscops »

Hi all, New to the MMOC. We have recently purchased OOV 38G Morris 1000 and named her 'Maggie' We would love to hear from any of her previous 8 owners (obvioulsy we know the one before us) Best regards to all. How do you find out all her prvious history? Is there a way? Cheers.... :D
qwerty165
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Anyone used to own OOV 38G ??

Post by qwerty165 »

Mosscops wrote:How do you find out all her prvious history?
You can get information from DVLA about previous owners by filling out a v888 form, for a small fee.
You can also find out about the cars MOT history : https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history-vehicle.
For information from the factory you can get a heritage certificate from BMIHT for about £40: http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/ ... cates.html

Mosscops

Post by Mosscops »

Thats great Qwerty165, Many thanks. I'll follow these leads both up soon. It would be great to have some history on her. You'd think it would be easier to look up old history of a motor than it is....
Mosscops

Post by Mosscops »

Recently wrote to DVLA and they sent me a V888 form. Filled it in and sent £5. They sent me full history of owners for the car!! Excellent. Researched the names through the Electrol role and found that the original owner had only passed away in 2010, still living in the area where she first bought the car. Traced from her a son and grandson who i may contact in due course.