Morris Pickup for restoration????

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
haguea
MMOC Member: No

Morris Pickup for restoration????

Post by haguea »

Hello, my better half's Dad had a Morris pickup that has been sitting in the garage for over 30 years untouched, unused and in need of restoration. Any ideas if it has any value for probate purposes? The reg is JEX 718G and it has rusted around the bottom of the door pillars, in the footwells around the rear wheel arches. Is it worth restoring?

Many Thanks

Andrew
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Morris Pickup for restoration????

Post by busguy »

Hello Andrew
The pickup has a value, but it is difficult to be specific without seeing it. On the strength of what you have described, it would appear to me to be in the £1000 to £1700 region, but cab bulkhead/structure, chassis, and rear panel/bed condition makes a big difference to the value.
Are there any documents for the vehicle with it, as DVLA need old tax discs, log book, etc to register it for the road? If you find any when clearing paperwork, put them with the vehicle.
Where are you situated? Reg number is originally from Great Yarmouth. There may be a Morris buff who lives nearby and can give you a better valuation.
If you are not too far away, I don't mind giving a more accurate view of value.
Cheers
John
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Morris Pickup for restoration????

Post by SteveClem »

Some photos would really get people interested!